Foundation / Corporation
Texas Digital Library (TDL)
Award to a Texas digital library employee for outstanding contributions and improvements to digital libraries. Nominees should go beyond traditional managerial roles to demonstrate leadership in every aspect of their work. Contributions may include research, scholarship, and mentoring.
Outstanding contributions to digital libraries can include, but are not limited to:
- Contributions to the mentorship of digital library professionals
- Contributions to digital library scholarship, literature, or research
- Outstanding leadership in local, regional, or state digital library activities, initiatives, or organizations
- Mentoring interns and library students to foster the next generation of digital librarians
- Creation of best practices or workflows that are a model for others to follow
GrantWatch ID#: 144843
Nominations are open to individuals from Texas academic libraries. Individuals nominated for this award must have been employed by an academic library at the time the work took place. Self-nominations are accepted.
Nominees should lead from every corner of the library, beyond the traditional confines of managerial roles. Anyone who contributes to digital libraries is eligible to be a Leader.
You may nominate yourself or someone else for these awards.
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per group/awardee for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
- Deadline for TDL Award Nominations: February 16, 2018
- Notification to Awardees: April 2018
- Dates for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries (TCDL), at which awards will be distributed: May 15-18, 2018
Note: Attendance at the conference is not required to receive an award.
More about the award: https://www.tdl.org/awards/leadership-digital-libraries-award/
About supporting documentation: https://www.tdl.org/awards/supporting-documentation/