Foundation / Corporation
Texas Digital Library (TDL)
Award to a Texas individual or group for outstanding efforts to maintain digital collections within an academic library. Contributions by the nominee may include publicity and outreach, innovative uses of technology, collaborations, and integration into information literacy campaigns.
Many libraries do not have full-time staff dedicated to digital projects but find creative ways to embark to develop a digital presence. The Texas Digital Library Trailblazer Award will honor the work of an individual or group within a Texas academic library who has used limited resources in innovative ways to create, maintain or support digital collections.
Outstanding contributions can include but are not limited to:
- New collections
- Innovative uses of technology
- Publicity, outreach, or promotion
- Digitization projects
- Effective working relationships with other people, departments, or organizations
- Metadata and cataloging processes
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD) programs
- Integration of digital collections into Information Literacy campaigns
GrantWatch ID#: 144845
Nominations are open to individuals or groups from Texas academic libraries. Individuals nominated for this award must have been employed by an academic library at the time the work was created. Applications are especially encouraged from libraries just beginning on digital projects or staff whose job duties often fall outside the area of digital collections. Self-nominations are accepted.
You may nominate yourself or someone else for these awards.
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per group/awardee for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
- Deadline for TDL Award Nominations: February 16, 2018
- Notification to Awardees: April 2018
- Dates for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries (TCDL), at which awards will be distributed: May 15-18, 2018
Note: Attendance at the conference is not required to receive an award.
More about the award: https://www.tdl.org/awards/trailblazer-award/
About supporting documentation: https://www.tdl.org/awards/supporting-documentation/