Foundation / Corporation
05/11/18 12:00 PM
Grants of up to $5,000 to Missouri registered community coalitions to address the prevention of alcohol and drug use and risky behaviors in youth ages 10 –24. Applicants should collaborate with schools, other health and human service providers, and faith-based organizations to implement strategies that strengthen children, families, and communities.
Funding must focus on programs/strategies for implementing drug and violence prevention activities, including:
- Activities that complement and support local educational agency activities, including developing and implementing activities to prevent and reduce violence associated with prejudice and intolerance;
- Dissemination of information about drug prevention;
- Development and implementation of community-wide drug prevention planning and organizing
- Disseminating information about alcohol and drug prevention
- Developing and implementing comprehensive, community-based alcohol and drug prevention programs that link community resources with schools and integrate services involving education, law enforcement, health, mental health, community service, mentoring and other appropriate services
- Recreational, instructional, cultural, and artistic programs that encourage alcohol and drug-free lifestyles
- Service learning projects that encourage alcohol and drug-free lifestyles
- Activities/trainings conducted in your service area only
GrantWatch ID#: 145539
Registered coalitions can apply one time a year for up to $5,000.
Any coalition registered with the Department of Mental Health, Division of Behavioral Health may apply. Mini-grant funding is intended for registered community coalitions working with the Prevention Resource Centers (PRC).
ACT Missouri provides funding to communities that work directly with their Prevention Resource Center to assist with their capacity building to effectively reduce substance use.
- PRC staff reimbursement requests or consultant fees.
- Purchase of incentives or other symbolic disposable items intended for giveaways
- Website maintenance
- Lodging will not be approved for 1 day trainings.
- Funding for out of state conferences/consultants.
- Gift cards
- Supplanting Mini-Grant Administration Funds, Regional Development Funds, & Training/Technical Assistance Funds
Mini-Grant Application is due to the PRC’s by May 11, 2018, and to ACT MO on May 18, 2018.
The coalition must complete the appropriate request form. The PRC must review the form and sign for approval if the request is appropriate and reasonable, and then submit it to ACT Missouri at least 30 days prior to the date of event. ACT Missouri will review and send a Notice of Approval/Disapproval to the PRC contact within 10 business days of receipt of the request.
All funding requests must relate to their PRC’s Strategic Plan and should enhance the work and goals of the coalition. Only registered coalitions can request these funds for their planned events.
More information: https://actmissouri.org/funding/
Training video on Logic Model: http://meet20563258.adobeconnect.com/p8qgk0301a7/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=c2d60095102db2a054d2490695f60d0ffcfd25fb53fb033fa9fcffe092947b19,
Training video on Strategic Planning: http://meet20563258.adobeconnect.com/p1l4404vznt/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=c2d60095102db2a054d2490695f60d0ffcfd25fb53fb033fa9fcffe092947b19
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://actmissouri.org/2019-act-missouri-mini-grant-application/
428 E. Capitol, 2nd Floor
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Chuck Daugherty, MHD, MPS