Foundation / Corporation
10/15/18 Noon Central
Grants to Minneapolis, Minnesota nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that focus on promoting economic vitality and civic engagement. Priority is given to programs serving minority populations. Funding is intended for both project support and general operating support.
The community grants provide two types of support:
- General Operating Support: These grants support the core operations of nonprofit organizations with missions and activities that are highly aligned with the key drivers and results in our focus areas.
- Project Support: These grants support specific projects or programs that are highly aligned with the key drivers and results in the Foundation's focus areas. These include programs that meet community needs, as well as activities that will enhance the nonprofit’s ability to achieve its mission, increase the scale of its operations, and deliver services more effectively.
Goal: All communities participate in democracy and in public decision making.
- Community organizing that adds more people of color to the voter base and increases voter turnout.
- Initiatives to educate disenfranchised individuals about voter eligibility and elections.
- Community-based initiatives to educate individuals about equity issues pertinent to upcoming elections.
- Research and advocacy to reduce systemic barriers to voting.
- Community organizing and advocacy to expand voting rights.
- Technical assistance, training or capacity building.
- Community-based initiatives for advocacy, organizing or leadership development to advance equitable public policies.
Goal: A competitive and inclusive workforce.
- Implementation of new career pathways and innovative living wage job programs designed to meet future workforce needs for the chronically unemployed and underemployed (e.g., communities of color, immigrants, and ex-offenders).
- Participation of the chronically un- and underemployed (e.g., communities of color, immigrants and ex-offenders) in current and next-generation jobs.
- Initiatives to increase the success of postsecondary training and career laddering opportunities (e.g., community colleges, professional certification programs) in serving underrepresented communities of color.
- Comprehensive community projects that link job creation, new business development, minority entrepreneurship and wealth creation.
- New and existing community-based networks that incubate, provide technical assistance to, or expand alternative financing options for minority-owned businesses.
- Research and advocacy to encourage policy and systemic improvements in workforce development, minority entrepreneurship and wealth creation.
GrantWatch ID#: 145646
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
If you need technical assistance at any point during the application process, please contact the Grants Administration team at 612-672-8665, or email email@example.com.
Contact Information for the Directors of Strategic Impact:
Director of Impact Strategy, Civic Engagement
Director of Impact Strategy, Education
Director of Impact Strategy, Economic Vitality
USA: Minnesota: Minneapolis
Grants to USA state agencies to develop and support volunteer programs in local communities. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take up to several weeks to complete. Funding is intended for programs that support, manage, and engage volunteers. Priori
Grants to USA government agencies, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, faith-based and community organizations, and tribal governments for activities to reduce violent crime in local neighborhoods. Interested applicants are advised that required registra
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants of up to $50,000 to researchers affiliated with USA qualified institutions to advance research in the field of pediatric oncology. Applicants must submit a letter of intent prior to submitting a full application. Funding is intended to increase the institution's
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofit charitable organizations to impact public policy in a variety of national and international issues. In previous years, grants have been awarded for general operations and project support to think tanks, national councils, judicial orga
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants of up to $25,000 and grants of up to $50,000 to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length film projects. Funding is intended to support projects at any production phase from development through post-production. Priority will be give
Grants of up to $5,000 to Minnesota arts organizations in eligible regions to support general operations. Funding may be used to cover operating expenses such as equipment purchase, salaries and staffing, facilities and maintenance, or other administrative expenses. Eli
In-kind repair services to Minnesota nonprofit organizations to strengthen communities by improving the safety of communal gathering places. The program is intended for structural and cosmetic repairs, painting, electrical, plumbing, and updates to make the buildings ac
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d