Foundation / Corporation
10/15/18 Noon Central
Grants to Minneapolis, Minnesota nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that focus on promoting economic vitality and civic engagement. Priority is given to programs serving minority populations. Funding is intended for both project support and general operating support.
The community grants provide two types of support:
- General Operating Support: These grants support the core operations of nonprofit organizations with missions and activities that are highly aligned with the key drivers and results in our focus areas.
- Project Support: These grants support specific projects or programs that are highly aligned with the key drivers and results in the Foundation's focus areas. These include programs that meet community needs, as well as activities that will enhance the nonprofit’s ability to achieve its mission, increase the scale of its operations, and deliver services more effectively.
Goal: All communities participate in democracy and in public decision making.
- Community organizing that adds more people of color to the voter base and increases voter turnout.
- Initiatives to educate disenfranchised individuals about voter eligibility and elections.
- Community-based initiatives to educate individuals about equity issues pertinent to upcoming elections.
- Research and advocacy to reduce systemic barriers to voting.
- Community organizing and advocacy to expand voting rights.
- Technical assistance, training or capacity building.
- Community-based initiatives for advocacy, organizing or leadership development to advance equitable public policies.
Goal: A competitive and inclusive workforce.
- Implementation of new career pathways and innovative living wage job programs designed to meet future workforce needs for the chronically unemployed and underemployed (e.g., communities of color, immigrants, and ex-offenders).
- Participation of the chronically un- and underemployed (e.g., communities of color, immigrants and ex-offenders) in current and next-generation jobs.
- Initiatives to increase the success of postsecondary training and career laddering opportunities (e.g., community colleges, professional certification programs) in serving underrepresented communities of color.
- Comprehensive community projects that link job creation, new business development, minority entrepreneurship and wealth creation.
- New and existing community-based networks that incubate, provide technical assistance to, or expand alternative financing options for minority-owned businesses.
- Research and advocacy to encourage policy and systemic improvements in workforce development, minority entrepreneurship and wealth creation.
GrantWatch ID#: 145646
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
If you need technical assistance at any point during the application process, please contact the Grants Administration team at 612-672-8665, or email email@example.com.
Contact Information for the Directors of Strategic Impact:
Director of Impact Strategy, Civic Engagement
Director of Impact Strategy, Education
Director of Impact Strategy, Economic Vitality
USA: Minnesota: Minneapolis
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length film projects. Funding is intended to support projects at any production phase from development through post-production. Priority will be given to applications from early career and emerg
Grants to USA national nonprofits to provide high-quality arts education services and projects for youth and children. Applicants are advised to create or verify the required registrations well in advance of the deadline date, and are requested to submit a letter of int
Grants of up to $2,000 to Canada, USA, and Territories eligible medical residents for projects to improve children's health and well-being. Funding is intended to meet the health needs of children with a broad-based community approach. Projects must be led by a pediatri
In-kind repair services to Minnesota nonprofit organizations to strengthen communities by improving the safety of communal gathering places. The program is intended for structural and cosmetic repairs, painting, electrical, plumbing, and updates to make the buildings ac
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations in multiple states to address the needs of residents in eligible counties, with priority given to low- to moderate-income populations. Applicants in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska,
Grants to Minnesota nonprofit organizations in eligible counties for a range of arts and cultural activities during and after the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. First-time applicants must contact program staff prior to applying. Funding is intended for activities with