Foundation / Corporation
Red Deer and District Community Foundation (RDDCF)
10/01/19 4:30 PM Delivered (Not Postmarked)
Grants to Red Deer area, Alberta registered charities, municipalities, registered amateur athletic associations, and eligible housing corporations to improve the quality of life for local residents. Applicants are requested to contact staff before applying.
The Guiding Principles of the Red Deer & District Community Foundation:
- A Community Catalyst: The Foundation works with community and for community by supporting organizations that demonstrate a collaborative approach. The Foundation supports innovative projects that align with the guiding principles.
- Quality of Life: The Foundation is committed to strengthening the quality of life in Red Deer and the surrounding area. The Foundation builds on the strenghts of the community and addresses issues that detract from community well being by supporting organizations that share this goal.
- Stewardship: While the Foundation's capital base grows, it uses the income earned to support community. The Foundation is committed to investing wisely, managing efficiently and looking for ways to maximize resources and results through alliances and partnerships.
- Proactive Attitude: The Foundation does not necessarily wait for applications. Through strong community relationships the Foundation identifies and addresses issues with other community organizations and district municipalities.
- Volunteer Support: Programs that utilize a strong volunteer force, or are dedicated to supporting volunteers, will be a priority for Foundation support.
- Independence for Individuals: Community development means building the capacity of individuals to be independent and self-sustaining. The Foundation will give strong consideration to projects that support this principle.
GrantWatch ID#: 145743
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the application package to:
Red Deer and District Community Foundation
Suite 503, Parkland Square
4901 – 48 Street
Red Deer, AB T4N 6M4
For more information, contact:
Phone: (403) 341 6911
Red Deer and the surrounding area
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length documentary films in development stage to post-production. Funding is intended to support independent, nonfiction films that demonstrate effective storytelling, feasibility and originalit
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International graduate psychology student for research and demonstration projects that foster understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholastic achievement, primarily for children in kindergarten through eighth g
Grants ranging from $750 to $2,500 to Canada nonprofit organizations and individuals for programs that promote outdoor safety and encourage youth and outdoor leaders to avoid outdoor risks. Funds may be used to train and educate youth and outdoor leaders on risk avoidan
Grants of up to $1,000 to USA and Canada animal shelters, rescue agencies, and individuals to assist with costs of urgent medical care for animals that are injured, abused, or neglected. Funding is intended to relieve financial strain, help animals recover, and eventual
Grants starting at $10,000 to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations for environmental sustainability initiatives to improve ocean health. Funding is intended to support innovative projects that meet challenges faced by the marine and sailing industries.
Grants ranging from $1,500 to $2,500 to USA, Canada, and International organizations for community-based chamber music education programs. Funding is intended for programs that make it possible for students to experience chamber music for the first time and for adult pl
Grants and in-kind grants to Alberta and British Columbia nonprofit, charitable, and educational organizations for programs that contribute to the well-being and health of residents in the Funding Source's area of service. Eligible programs will focus on the areas of ed
Grants to Canada nonprofit organizations for programs or projects that will benefit, improve, and develop Candian society. Funding will be awarded to programs in the areas of arts and culture, education, environment, medical, and social services. Innovation is consider
Award of $50,000 to a Canada individual to recognize outstanding contributions to the field of cancer treatment, therapies, and patient care. This award is intended for an individual with an academic appointment who has made an impact on the clinical application of scie