Foundation / Corporation
City Federation of Women’s Organizations (CFWO)
09/25/17 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $5,000 to Tompkins County, New York nonprofits and government agencies for projects that improve the quality of life for women and girls. Programs can be in the areas of health and human services, education, community development, and gender equity.
The project for which funding is being requested must address needs and opportunities that improve the quality of life for Tompkins County women and girls, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Community Development - Activities that benefit women and girls and will improve the quality of life for all women and girls in Tompkins County.
- Education - Activities that promote or strengthen the educational attainment of women and girls, both in and out of the classroom.
- Health - Activities that improve the health outcomes of women and girls.
- Human Services - Activities that support public safety, employment, food and nutrition, housing and shelter, public safety, disaster preparedness, and other relief for women and girls.
- Activities that address gender equity issues.
- Administrative/operating costs directly related to a specific project will be funded
WBC Grants support all women and girls, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, and socio-economic status.
GrantWatch ID#: 146220
Applications are accepted for grants up to $5,000.
Projects must be completed by December 31, 2018.
The City Federation of Women’s Organizations welcomes grant applications from nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and from governmental agencies serving Tompkins County.
Organizations and individuals without the 501(c)(3) designation will be required to be sponsored by a nonprofit organization that does have a 501(c)(3). Applications submitted by an entity under the auspices of another agency must include a written statement signed by the agency’s board president on behalf of the organization agreeing to act as the entity’s fiscal sponsor, to receive grant monies if awarded, and to oversee the proposed project, including the final report.
-Requests for funding to reduce or retire debt of the organization
-Projects operated by religious organizations for religious purposes
-Political parties or campaigns
-Administrative/operating costs not directly related to the proposed project
-Annual appeals and membership contributions
All applications must be received no later than 5:00 pm on Monday, September 25, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
Organizations may submit more than one application. Organizations are encouraged to seek additional funds from other sources as well.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail applications to:
Women Building Community Grants
CFWO, Box #200
101 E. State St., Ithaca, NY 14850
Diane Shafer, President
USA: New York: Tompkins County