Foundation / Corporation
The Community Foundation for the Central Savannah River Area - Augusta Bar Foundation
08/14/17 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $5,000 to Georgia nonprofits and government agencies for programs and projects that aim to improve the lives of at-risk, disadvantaged, and underserved youth in Burke, Columbia, and Richmond Counties. Funding will be provided for proposals that address at least one of the following areas:
- Education (within and outside the school system; skills training);
- Mentoring (providing positive role models in relationships, parenting, employment);
- Health and Safety (conflict resolution and substance abuse);
- Self-Sufficiency (such as education, self-esteem, empowerment, self-respect); and
- Family Issues (such as parenting skills, family counseling, and juvenile justice).
The goal of these grants is to provide at-risk and underserved youth with alternatives to crime, violence, substance abuse, and illiteracy, which will ultimately reduce the burden on the local juvenile courts and justice system.
Proposed projects must:
- Address a community need, an emerging community need, and/or provide a new, creative approach to a community need that positively affects at-risk, disadvantaged, and underserved youth.
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve measurable results.
Priority will be given to a project/organization demonstrating a high probability of sustainability beyond the grant period.
GrantWatch ID#: 146402
The Augusta Bar Foundation will not consider a funding request exceeding $5,000.
- Organizations must be located and provide services in one or more of the following Counties: Burke, Columbia, or Richmond
- Applicants must qualify as charitable under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or be classified as a unit of government, or other charitable, education or cultural organization.
- Organizations must not discriminate on basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious beliefs.
- Organizations must demonstrate financial stability.
Areas generally not funded:
- Capital and endowment campaigns
- Travel and conferences
- Fraternal organizations
- Organizations for re-granting purposes
- Capital expenses for transportation
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application and guidelines forms.
All applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on August 14th. If this date falls on a weekend, the application must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the following business day.
Please Note: The Augusta Bar Foundation will accept only one application per organization per year. Organizations that received grants from the Augusta Bar Foundation during calendar years 2015 and 2016 will not be eligible for a grant during 2017, but may reapply in 2018.
Final decisions on grant approvals will be made by December, 2017.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be submitted to The Augusta Bar Foundation, C/O Mr. Sam G. Nicholson, Nicholson Revell, LLP; 4137 Columbia Road; Augusta, Georgia 30907.
Please contact the Augusta Bar Foundation at (706) 722-8784 or email@example.com.
USA: Georgia: Burke, Columbia, and Richmond Counties