Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines - Community Foundation of Marshall County (CFMC)
Grants to Marshall County, Iowa nonprofit organizations, government entities, and schools for projects that contribute to the overall quality of life in the region. Eligible program areas include arts and culture, community development, recreation, education, environmental protection, health, historic preservation, and human services.
The Foundation asks grant applicants to identify critical needs in the community and explain how the proposed project will address those needs.
Projects will be reviewed thoroughly and evaluated for:
- Community need and how this grant will address the critical need through your organization;
- Clarity of the project/program description and the overall merit of the project/program;
- Organization description and why your organization is best suited for this project/program;
- Impact on the community - who will benefit and how they will benefit; what will change or improve as a result of the project/program;
- How will you evaluate the success of the project/program;
- Collaboration with other organizations, business, or individuals;
- Budget - financial feasability;
GrantWatch ID#: 146418
A written report must be submitted by December 31, 2019. If the project cannot be completed by December 31, 2019, a grant recipient can request an extension on the project by email or letter stating the reasons the project is not complete and when completion is anticipated.
Legal Applicants must be tax-exempt, non-profit entities classified by the IRS as 501(c)(3) organizations, public schools, or government entities. Organizations that do not have the 501(c)(3) legal status may partner with an eligible Legal Applicant as the Fiscal Sponsor. Legal Applicant/Fiscal Sponsors must sign the application and are legally and financially responsible for the funds that are granted from CFMC.
Tax-exempt organizations classified under IRS sections other than 501(c)(3) should contact CFMC to discuss eligibility.
- Application deadline is January 15, 2019
- Grants will be reviewed in February 2019
- Awards will be presented at a ceremony in March 2019
- Written grant report due on December 31, 2019
If the applicant has received past funding from CFMC, all grant reporting must be up to date.
If you received a grant in 2018, a written report must be submitted by December 31, 2018 to be able to apply for the 2019 grant cycle.
Applications must be signed by the Chief Operating Officer of the Legal Applicant/Fiscal Sponsor.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Electronic submission is preferred. You may email questions and/or applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail to:
11 N 1st Avenue
Marshalltown, Iowa 50158
With questions, contact Dylan Does, Director at 641-758-3028,
USA: Iowa: Marshall County