Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln (CFLL)
05/03/19 11:59 PM CDT (Midnight)
Grants of up to $1,500 to Illinois nonprofit and faith-based organizations, schools, government agencies, and municipalities in Sangamon, Christian, or Montgomery Counties for professional development programs, conferences, and training. Funding is intended to cover the costs of board and staff members to partake in opportunities that will improve the management, governance, and leadership of the applicant organization.
Organizations may include all costs related to their participation in the proposed professional development opportunity including registration or consulting fees, travel, meals, lodging, and other applicable costs. Capacity Building Grants can be used to send staff or board members to a specific workshop or conference or to engage a consultant to provide customized training to one or more organizations.
GrantWatch ID#: 146454
There are multiple awards of up to $1,500 available in 2019.
The maximum grant amount is $1,500, and the organization must pay no less than 20% of the total cost.
Applications are generally accepted from:
- Registered 501(c)(3) charitable organizations;
- Faith-based organization (proposals must benefit all, regardless of religion, and be for a service provided which is not religious in nature);
- Public or private schools (proposals must be for projects that exceed the school’s budget funding); or
- Units of government or municipalities
- Organizations must serve Sangamon, Christian or Montgomery counties in Illinois.
- Capacity building grants will only support future opportunities, not training or professional development that has already occurred.
- Organizations can only apply for one Capacity Building Grant.
- Preference will be given to organizations with an annual budget of less than $1 million.
Grants are not intended for training or consulting that focuses on the programmatic side of the organization's work.
The application deadline is May 3, 2019 at 11:59 PM CDT (Midnight).
You will be notified of the status of your application within six weeks of the submission deadline.
Preview the application online:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Please contact the Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln with questions regarding the completion of this proposal at 217-789-4431.
Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln
205 South Fifth Street, Suite 930
Springfield, Illinois 62701
USA: Illinois: Sangamon, Christian, and Montgomery Counties