Foundation / Corporation
Baker Family Foundation
Grants to Oregon nonprofit organizations to benefit residents and improve the quality of life in Lane County. Programs can fall in the areas of human services, arts, recreation, civic programs, and education, particularly for journalism, literacy, and citizenship initiatives.
Particular interest is given:
- To provide for the delivery of basic human needs through funding health and welfare programs,
- To improve the quality of life in our communities through the funding of the arts, recreation and civic programs and
- To further educational opportunities and programs, especially (but not limited to) the areas of journalism, literacy and citizenship.
The goals of the funder are to:
- Enhance existing services through funding specific projects,
- Provide seed money for new projects or services and
- Enhance the ability to provide service through contributing to new or improved facilities or equipment
Geographic eligibility includes people and organizations who live or work in the circulation area of The Register-Guard newspaper, which is centered in Lane County, Oregon. In addition, some grants could be considered for other communities where the Baker family (descendants of Alton F. Baker) reside or work.
GrantWatch ID#: 146462
Multi-year grant requests are not encouraged, but are occasionally approved depending on the project.
Unsolicited applications from 501(c)3 organizations are accepted.
The foundation has only one grant round per year, which begins with the application deadline of September 1, 2017.
Applications are accepted and screened in September. Applicants are notified in October if they have been advanced to full consideration. The board meets in December to decide grant awards. Applicants may be invited to give brief oral presentations. Grantmaking decisions are communicated in January and payments are made in April.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Bridget Baker, President
The Baker Family Foundation
3500 Chad Drive
Eugene, OR 97408
USA: Oregon: Lane County