Foundation / Corporation
Grants to Newport County, Rhode Island nonprofits for health and wellness programs for local residents, particularly children. Funding is intended for projects that will improve the long-term health of the community through physical fitness and proper nutrition; avoidance of alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs; and building a sense of self-confidence in area youth.
To accomplish the Frederick Henry Prince Memorial Fund's mission, the following goals have been established:
1. Improve the long-term health of Newport County youth and families by:
- Increasing participation in healthy athletic activity
- Improving fitness levels
- Increasing self-discipline and motivation to maintain a healthy life-style
- Increasing good health habits including diet, exercise, rest, hygiene and preventive medical care
2. Instill an aversion to the use of cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs
3. Build confidence and a sense of achievement
Goal #1 is the most important, and will be given priority. Projects addressing goals #2 and #3 will be considered if they clearly address goal #1.
Educational goals are not part of the mission, unless they clearly address the participatory and fitness aspect of goal #1 above.
Priority will be given to projects and programs that:
- Focus on young, school-age children who do not have access to other programs
- Promote health and fitness through activity and participation, not through promotion and education
- Are innovative and are new initiatives
- Show potential for a wide community response, participation, and acceptance
- Demonstrate a measurable improvement in the behavior and health of the youth and families of Newport County
- Develop life-long skills for maintaining healthy life-styles
- Are based in Newport County
Projects that are larger and request more investment will be expected to:
- Show how the project will become self-sustaining and embedded in the community
- Include matching funds from other sources
- Have little or no overhead expenses, or which should be covered by matching funds.
GrantWatch ID#: 147205
For Mini Grants:
- Organizations may apply for mini grants of up to $2,000.
For Direct Grants:
- Small projects are defined as less than or equal to $5,000.
- Large projects are defined as greater than $5,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions about the application process, or to submit the PDF file of your application, please email email@example.com.
11 Friendship Street
Newport, RI 02840
Telephone: (401) 846-6400
USA: Rhode Island: Newport County