Foundation / Corporation
Ames Convention and Visitors Bureau
Grants to Ames, Iowa private and public organizations for public activities and events that attract visitors, improve the visitor experience, and enhance the quality of life for local residents. Requested activities may be educational, cultural, artistic, or recreational.
- Event: Something that occurs in a certain place during a particular time and holds significance to the Ames area.
- Activity: An organized, supervised, extracurricular and recreational occasion that is beneficial to the Ames area and its residents
The review committee will rate applications based on the following criteria:
- Ability to create a positive perception of Ames and improve the quality of life for community members
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and commitment for the success of the event or activity
- Ability to attract visitors or enhance their stay
- Diversity and uniqueness of the event or activity
- Appeal of the event or activity to a broad-based audience
Examples of Events and Activities That Have Received Funding in the Past:
- Dancing with the Story County Stars
- Summerfest in Campustown
- WinterFest at Iowa State University
- Ames Main Street Farmers’ Market
GrantWatch ID#: 147379
Funding will be available for distribution beginning January 2019. Events must take place in 2019.
Applications are accepted from public and private organizations who demonstrate the ability to complete proposed event or activity. The grant program is designed to encourage wide participation and innovative proposals.
Projects must be open to the public.
Expenses not eligible for funding include:
-Capital building projects
-Professional services, including legal, medical, engineering, accounting or auditing
-General fundraising, donations or sponsorship of organization
-Salaries, wages or administrative fees
-Debt retirement or associated fees
-Anything contrary to federal, state or local law or ordinance
-Private events (not open to the public)
Applications must be submitted by noon on Friday, October 12, 2018.
Applicants will be notified by December 15, 2018, if they will be receiving any grant funds. Funding will be available for distribution beginning January 2019.
Applicants may request up to 50 percent of the total award in advance of the event/activity. A Final Report Form must be completed within 60 days after the completion of the event/activity to receive distribution of funds.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please send completed application to:
Jean McBreen, Resource Management
Ames Convention & Visitors Bureau
1601 Golden Aspen Dr. Suite 110
Ames, IA 50010
Ph: (515) 232-4032
USA: Iowa: Ames