Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) - Division of Veterans Benefits
Grants of up to $25,000 to Wisconsin nonprofits for projects that provide financial assistance and other services to veterans and their families. Previous grants have provided services to at-risk and homeless veterans, as well as mental health and other social services.
The following criteria will be evaluated as part of the grant application:
- Background and organizational history
- Organizational qualifications and past performances
- Experience working with veterans and their families
- Need for grant funding
- Outreach and screening plan
- Program implementation timeline
- Monitoring and program evaluation
- Program goals and objectives
- Past working relationships with Veterans Service Organizations
- Integration of outreach and employment services
GrantWatch ID#: 147451
Up to $25,000
Registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that provide financial assistance or other services to Wisconsin veterans and their families may apply.
Funds granted may not be used to supplant existing employee wages and compensation and may not be used to purchase capital equipment unless specified in the grant award.
Timeline (Subject to Change):
- September 28, 2018: Deadline for submitting applications
- October 5, 2018: Applications to be reviewed by the Evaluation Committee
- October 12, 2018: Evaluation Committee will make recommendations to WDVA Secretary
- October 12, 2018: WDVA Secretary to review grant recommendations
- October 19, 2018: Award notices issued
- October 26, 2018: Signing of Grant Agreements
- November 2, 2018: Grant checks issued.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail applications to:
Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs
Division of Veterans Benefits
201 West Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53707
Phone: (608)266-3028 or 1-800-947-8387