Foundation / Corporation
Women’s Fund of Long Island
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to Long Island, New York nonprofit and grassroots organizations for programs or projects that provide direct services, education and training for women and girls in Nassau or Suffolk Counties. Focus areas include economic opportunity, financial stability, gender equity, women’s rights and leadership.
Funding Area Details:
1. Economic Opportunity & Financial Stability
• Programs that respond to the needs of women and girls affected by the current economic climate;
• Workforce development including job skills development and training;
• Career planning and development especially in non-traditional fields such as science, technology, engineering, math, and the trades;
• Financial literacy and financial education programs;
• Microenterprise and microfinance programs that support small business services and financing for women business owners;
• Programs that respond to distinct needs of immigrant women and children.
2. Gender Equity & Women’s Rights
• Anti-bullying, anti-discrimination and women’s human rights;
• Women’s workplace rights and pay equity;
• Gender equity in education;
• Education, training and direct services that target violence against women and girls;
• Educational efforts that promote women and gender rights;
• Increasing women’s political and civic engagement in ways that promote gender equality and women’s rights.
• Leadership development for women, young women and/or girls;
• Self-esteem building and mentorship;
• Political empowerment and civic engagement;
• Workshops that train others to provide leadership skills to women and girls;
• Capacity building and training efforts for women and girls working on women and girls programs.
Priority will be given to proposals that demonstrate collaboration with other organizational partners and to those who articulate increased impact provided by WFLI funds. WFLI also prioritizes organizations that work with women and girls from underserved communities and those who work to counter particularly challenging circumstances, including but not limited to economic, social, immigration and educational factors.
The Fund does not provide support for:
• General operating support for organizations with budgets over $350,000;
• Sponsorship of events;
• Projects or programs located outside of Nassau or Suffolk counties;
• Scholarships or tuition;
• Religious programs and projects for religious purposes;
• Capital campaigns or endowments.
GrantWatch ID#: 147452
$1,000 - $10,000. Average is $5,000.
One year, for up to three years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Nicole Thigpen Felix, President
516-396-9857 Ext. 9
Women's Fund of Long Island
1740 Old Jericho Turnpike
Jericho, NY 11753
Nassau or Suffolk Counties
USA: New York
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to New York and Pennsylvania families living in eligible areas and caring for a child with cancer to offset expenses related to the child's cancer treatments. Funding is intended to cover costs not covered by health insurance, including travel costs, housing, and
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grants to USA nonprofits, agencies, Tribes, and IHEs for community-oriented programs to reduce serious neighborhood crime. Applicants are advised to complete required registrations well in advance of the deadline. Funding is intended for cooperative projects with law en
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International early-career psychologist for child psychology research projects. The purpose of the program is for research and demonstration projects that foster an understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholast
Grants to USA and International nonprofit organizations, for-profit entities, and agencies for initiatives to benefit families, children, and communities. Applicants are required to submit an LOI prior to submitting a full proposal. Focus areas include equitable communi
Grants of $25,000 to USA and Territories nonprofit organizations and government agencies in eligible regions for programs and projects addressing cancer prevention and early detection. Funding is intended to provide the resources needed to fund vital community-level act