Grants of up to $10,000 to USA non-profit organizations that are progressing on some of the most important areas of bicycling and walking advocacy. The purpose of the program is to equip advocates with the specific tools they need to increase biking and walking in their communities. These grants are intended to help with unforeseen opportunities, short-term campaigns or to push campaigns into the end zone.
The Foundation is especially interested in funding campaigns in the following categories:
-Safety / Vision Zero
-Health / Walking
-Innovative local or state funding campaign
Campaigns for political candidates; general/on-going organizational support.
Campaigns that are not directed to winning public funds for biking and walking projects or programs.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
An organization may apply for a “Big Ideas” Grant if it:
1. Is a member of the Alliance for Biking & Walking and the League of American Bicyclists (unless the applicant is a walking-only organization)
2. Is incorporated as a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) organization
3. Is facing an opportunity that is immediate and has a specific timeframe (6-12 months)
4. Proposes a campaign to raise additional federal, state, or local funding for biking and walking infrastructure and/or programs
5. Proposes a replicable campaign that is winnable with measurable results
Applicants must be a member of the Alliance for Biking & Walking and the League of American Bicyclists (unless the applicant is a walking-only organization). To join, and for more membership information, go to: