Foundation / Corporation
Award of $1,500 to a USA science teacher for new and creative methods that have the potential to improve science teaching at the primary, secondary and college levels. These innovations may be in the form of curricula design, teaching strategies, and effective use of laboratories and/or lesson plans. Innovations may or may not have been implemented at the time of application for this award, and special emphasis should be given to mass measurement activities, although not a required element.
The Gustav Ohaus Award consists of:
- $1,500 cash
- Round-trip coach airfare to the NSTA National Conference
- Hotel accommodations for up to 4 nights and a meal allowance while at the conference
The winner will also receive a personalized Gustav Ohaus desktop award and join Ohaus representatives, with a guest, for dinner while at the conference. The award winner will also be asked to participate in the selection of the following year’s winner.
The Awardees’ school will receive $1,000 worth of Ohaus balances and a school plaque for display. Both the award winner and the winner’s school will be featured throughout the year on various promotional documents, advertisements, and the Ohaus website.
Criteria include adequate and informative examples that provide the following information:
1. Originality—is this a new idea or model, or one that has been modified?
2. Utilization—can this idea or model be implemented in other schools and/or school districts across the country?
3. Benefit—if implemented, does this idea or model have the capacity to improve student performance? Describe mechanisms that will provide evidence of improvement.
4. Consistent—does this work reflect the correlating grade level Next Generation Science Standards?
5. Safety—have proper safety procedures been outlined and followed?
GrantWatch ID#: 147598
The winner will receive a trip to the NSTA National Conference, hotel accommodations, and a $1,500 cash prize. OHAUS will gift up to $1,000 worth of products to the winner's school, as well as a plaque for display.
Completed applications must be received by December 31, 2017. Late or faxed applications will not be accepted.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send applications to:
Gustav Ohaus Award
7 Campus Drive, Suite 310
Parsippany, NJ 07054
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming