Foundation / Corporation
Freedom First Credit Union
09/28/18 4:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $5,000 to Virginia nonprofits to support programs that benefit residents, especially low-income working families, in the Roanoke and New River Valleys. Proposals may fall in the areas of health and human services, community and household economy, and arts and culture.
Geographic eligibility includes Botetourt, Craig, Franklin, Montgomery, and Roanoke Counties, and the cities of Radford, Roanoke, and Salem.
Proposals should be related to the following focus areas:
Community and Household Economy
Activities, programs, and initiatives designed to improve the economic well-being of the local community and its citizens. Examples include poverty reduction, affordable housing, and financial education.
Health and Human Services
Activities, programs, and initiatives that contribute to an individual’s functioning in the local community, addresses or prevents the onset of social, psychological, or physical problems or disabilities; or extends an individual’s ability to be independent or productive in the local community.
Arts and Culture
Activities, programs, and initiatives that increase access to and promotion of the arts and the development and enhancement of cultural identities in the local community. Examples include arts programs, cultural diversity initiatives, and cultural events.
The Community Grants program supports projects that give special consideration to working families of modest means.
Freedom First supports the efforts of Community Action Agencies to break down barriers, enable people to fully participate as local citizens, and help families achieve economic success and a better quality of life.
GrantWatch ID#: 147603
There is a maximum of $5,000 per grant award.
To be eligible an organization must be a legally organized, tax-exempt entity:
1. Providing for basic human needs;
2. Preserving health and promoting wellness;
3. Strengthening local communities;
4. Advancing education; or
5. Preserving or restoring the environment.
Applications with any of the following characteristics will not be considered:
- Political parties or affiliated activities.
- Grants to individuals.
- Religious or faith-based organizations—unless offering social service or community programs in any of the areas listed above, and providing such programs or services to eligible participants without regard to their faith or willingness to participate in religious activities.
- Organizations that advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background. Nominee organizations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to verify eligibility.
Requests must be received by 4:00pm on September 28th, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit via any one of these 3 methods:
Mail: Freedom First Credit Union
Attn: Community Grants Program
P.O. Box 1999, Salem, VA 24153
Fax: (540) 378-8952
USA: Virginia: Botetourt, Craig, Franklin, Montgomery, and Roanoke Counties, and the cities of Radford, Roanoke, and Salem