Town of Mount Pleasant
Grants to South Carolina nonprofit organizations and agencies for events and activities that promote tourism in eligible regions. Eligible expenditures may include promotions and advertising, sporting events and facilities, free-standing events such as fireworks displays, website construction, and conventions that take place in the Town of Mount Pleasant.
What is a tourist/tourism activity?
- People taking trips outside their home communities for any purpose, except daily commuting to and from work. Home community usually is defined as 50+ miles but there is some flexibility.
- Tourism-related events are designed primarily for those outside of the community. What steps were taken to promote the event outside of the community? Use a conversion study if needed to determine actual number of tourists that attended.
- Fireworks (for free-standing events designed to attract tourists like 4th of July)
- Sporting Events: When the primary purpose of the event is to attract tourists, not to fund scholarships.
- Sporting Facilities: if such facilities are expressly constructed for the purpose of hosting competitive events that will attract tourists to regional or national competitions or tournaments.
- Conventions/Meetings: If it is designed to attract tourists to the community and the expenditure is found to serve a public purpose.
- Health Facilities for Tourists
- Out-of-Market Billboards
- Construction & Maintenance of Access Roads & Utilities for civic & cultural activities
- Municipal & County Services (Garbage, Police, etc) if these local governments have a high concentration of tourism and these services can be attributed to tourism activity.
- Promotion & Advertising of Cultural Arts. TERC interprets this subsection to authorize:
a. Expenditures for advertising to increase attendance at museums or other facilities dedicated to the display of arts or at individual cultural events from either within or without of the local market, or
b. Dedication of a percentage of the total budgeted expenditures for a specific cultural event, not including the expenditures to rent or operate a facility, which percentage may not exceed the percent of out-of-market tourists in relation to the total attendance of the event.
GrantWatch ID#: 147657
For Projects 7/01/2020 – 12/31/2020
The law says that you have two years from receipt to spend any remaining funds from the 65% tourism-related fund, which must be used for tourism-related expenditures.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications may be emailed to:
Mail applications to:
100 Ann Edwards Lane
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Questions may be addressed to the email above.
USA: South Carolina: Town of Mount Pleasant
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length film projects. Funding is intended to support projects at any production phase from development through post-production. Priority will be given to applications from early career and emerg
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International early-career psychologist for child psychology research projects. The purpose of the program is for research and demonstration projects that foster an understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholast
Grants of $25,000 to USA nonprofit organizations, government entities, educational institutions, and volunteer fire companies for community benefit projects. Funding is intended to support a wide range of impactful and sustainable initiatives that meet community needs.
Grants to USA, Mexico, and Haiti nonprofits, for-profit organizations, and government entities for programs and services that improve the quality of life for underserved children. Focus areas include working families, equitable communities, and thriving children. The Fu
Donations and sponsorships to USA nonprofits that provide programs and services in the areas of arts, PreK-12 education, and literacy. Funding is intended for both organizations with a national focus and organizations that provide local services. For local organizations