Foundation / Corporation
04/17/19 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $15,000 to Westchester, New York nonprofit organizations for a broad range of arts projects and activities. Funding is intended to support both single activities and series or sets of related events and programs. Single activities may include performances, exhibitions, and arts festivals. Series or sets of related events and programs may include films, concerts, and community- and school-based arts educational programs. In addition, need-based financial aid may be provided for participation in classes or instructional programs.
Project Support grants fund a wide variety of arts and cultural organizations in Westchester County. ArtsWestchester defines “project” broadly; support may be given for a series of related events such as a film series or summer concert series; for an individual program or event; for a special program or pilot project.
GrantWatch ID#: 147759
The maximum award is $15,000 per project.
To be eligible for Project Support, organizations must provide services between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
Eligible organizations must:
- Demonstrate 501(c)(3) federal tax-exempt status as a private, not-for-profit organization incorporated in New York State.
- Have a mission statement that clearly delineates the arts or local history as primary, both in focus and in actual operation (“arts” include developing skill in or knowledge of a discipline).
- Have a governing board that meets regularly, operates under a set of bylaws, and has at least one-third of its members residing in Westchester County.
- Be in good standing regarding submission of required reports.
- Have an annual revenue of at least $50,000 in your most recently completed fiscal year.
- Have presented at least three full seasons in Westchester County prior to submitting this application. (First-time applicants must submit a list of programs for the current year and two previous years in order to demonstrate this criteria of providing public programs.)
This funding category is primarily intended for organizations with modest incomes that are run by volunteers; for cultural organizations whose public programming is developed and funded by a Friends group; and cultural organizations that offer a relatively limited season of arts programs/activities.
“Friends” groups associated with arts organizations/historic sites are eligible to apply for Project Support, so long as they meet other eligibility requirements.
In general, ArtsWestchester does not provide Project Support grants to libraries, cultural organizations that are part of a college or university, or to groups that are part of a nonprofit organization incorporated outside of New York State. However, the following types of organizations may be eligible for Project support:
- Arts organizations that are affiliated with Westchester-based public colleges or universities that do not receive support from Westchester County Government
- Arts organizations or historic sites that are located in Westchester, but are part of an organization that is incorporated and operated outside New York State
- Arts organizations or historic sites that are operated by a state agency
ArtsWestchester will determine eligibility on a case-by-case basis; interested applicants should contact Sue Abbott, Director of Grant Programs.
ArtsWestchester does not fund municipalities or arms of government, schools, colleges, or organizations that are primarily recreational or therapeutic. Organizations with a mission that is primarily to provide skill-based instruction, or that derive 40% or more of their income from tuition/fees for classes/instruction, may not utilize Project Support funds to support their regular classes or instructional programs; they may be used, however, to provide need-based financial aid or to support public programs such as exhibitions or concerts.
For a list of ineligible projects and expenses, see https://artswestchester.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Y2019-20-Project-Support-Guidelines.pdf#page=3.
Application Deadline: Your electronic application must be completed and submitted by 11:59 pm, Wednesday, April 17, 2019. The Project Support application consists of the application form and the required supporting documents, including work samples. All materials are to be submitted online with your application form.
ArtsWestchester will announce awards in late June 2019.
Project Support awards funds up to 50% of total project costs. You must provide a one-to-one match, which may be all cash or a combination of cash and in-kind contributions.
You may submit up to two applications for Project Support funding. (If you apply for Project Support, you may not apply for Basic Program Support or Arts Alive in the same year.)
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://artswestchester.submittable.com/login
For questions or to schedule a time to speak with program staff, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sue Abbott, Director of Grant Programs
914-428-4220, ext. 304
31 Mamaroneck Avenue, 3rd Floor
White Plains, New York, 10601
USA: New York: Westchester County