Arts Council of Hillsborough County
12/15/17 4:00 PM
Grants of up to $2,000 to Hillsborough County, Florida individual artists for specific projects that will advance their careers. Funding can be used to take advantage of a professional development opportunity or to rent or purchase equipment that will be pivotal to improving the artists' skills and abilities.
PDA Grant funds must be used to support a single purpose, such as a professional education experience or equipment that can be shown as pivotal to advancing the abilities of the artist. The selection criteria include a commitment to career, artistic/creative excellence, the potential of the project to contribute to the artist’s professional growth, and the feasibility of the project itself. Grant funds must go to the individual applicant and may not be used to benefit an incorporated business or group project.
In the past, artists have been awarded grants for the following types of projects:
- To work with master artists in their field
- To purchase equipment (laptop, kiln, studio equipment, etc.)
- To pay for residency or workshop fees
The Arts Council’s Professional Development for Artists (PDA) Grant Program was established in recognition of the value and important contributions of creative individuals to the cultural vitality of the Hillsborough County. The program’s intent is to support and develop a vibrant, creative community that inspires, energizes and stimulates prosperity for residents and visitors alike.
PDA Grants provide support for specific projects that will advance the careers of individual artists with established success on local, national or international levels. It is an annual grant program that provides financial support to emerging or established artists in a variety of disciplines for a single purpose: Funding attendance at a professional development experience or the purchase/rental of equipment that is pivotal to the advancement of the artist’s career.
GrantWatch ID#: 147806
Artists may ask for a maximum of $2,000.
Funded projects must take place between March 1, 2018, and September 15, 2018.
The PDA Grant Program is open to artists actively working in visual, performing or literary arts. Additionally,
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of Hillsborough County for a minimum of 12 months prior to application and throughout the funding period.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older and a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants and recipients may not enroll in, or be currently enrolled in, any undergraduate or graduate degree-granting program during the time their funded project is in progress. Please note: Full-time arts-related faculty in higher education are not eligible.
Please note: Artists who have received any type of individual artist grant from the Arts Council within the last three years are not eligible to apply.
The PDA Grant Program will not support:
- Projects that take place outside the funding period.
- Tuition to assist artists in obtaining an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Projects that do not primarily further your own development as an artist (e.g. teaching, curatorial work, etc.
- Multiple professional development experiences
- Requests to purchase/rent multiple pieces of equipment
- Food/ per diem expenses and some types of travel expenses
Matching funds are not required. However, if the cost of the project exceeds the maximum grant amount, the applicant must explain how the additional cost will be covered and the source of those funds.
- Application Deadline: 4 pm, Friday, Dec. 15, 2017
- Program Information Sessions (small groups): Tuesdays, Nov. 28 and Dec. 5, 2017.
Call 813.276.8250 to sign up.
- Public Panel Review: To be determined but estimated late January or early February.
- Award Announcements: Friday, Feb. 24, 2018
- Funding Period: Funded projects must take place between March 1, 2018 and Sept. 15, 2018. Costs incurred prior to or after this period will not be reimbursed.
All expenses claimed for reimbursement must be accompanied by receipts dated within funding period.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit all documents to the Dropbox folder at https://www.dropbox.com/request/wZThtIxdnvwLrDNMZmk0
Arts Council of Hillsborough County
505 E. Jackson St., Suite 306
Tampa, Florida 33602
For questions, call 813.276.8250.
USA: Florida: Hillsborough County