Foundation / Corporation
United Arts Council (UAC) of Catawba County and North Carolina Arts Council (NCAC)
10/13/17 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $1,500 to North Carolina individual artists and teams residing in Burke, Alexander, Catawba, and McDowell Counties to support projects that advance artistic development. The goal of this program is to enable artists to reach a new level of achievement, explore a new direction in their discipline, or demonstrate growth and change.
The Regional Artist Project Grant Committee is interested in assisting in the career development of artists. Therefore, the committee expects to receive diverse project proposals.
The relationship of the project to career advancement must be well defined.
Typical grant awards might include funds for expenses in the following areas:
1. Presentation: Cost of producing a CD for a composer(s), a DVD for a choreographer(s), a portfolio for an artist(s), editorial assistance for a writer(s), etc.
2. Travel: Attendance at workshops or seminars such as portfolio preparation, proposal writing, or effective presentation of talent.
3. Services: Rental of facilities for presentation of new work.
4. Supplies and Equipment: Purchase of equipment or purchase of supplies and materials necessary for the completion or production of work, which is deemed by the artist/artistic group to be pivotal to career development. Funding will not be given for projects which result in reproduction of a visual artists’ work.
5. Training: Advanced study or coaching that will enhance artistic abilities
6. Creation of new work.
A group may only apply for the creation of a new work.
Generally, the criteria will include:
1. Serious professional commitment
2. Overall excellence of the work and demonstration of exceptional talent
3. Contribution to professional artistic growth
4. Practicality of the project budget and complete budget detail
5. Applicant’s ability to complete the project
GrantWatch ID#: 147815
No more than $1,500 will be granted to any artist or artistic group. Often, only partial funding is awarded.
Projects funded may not begin before November 1, 2017 and must be completed by June 1, 2018.
Artists of all disciplines are eligible to receive grants.
Applicants must have been a resident of Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, McDowell, or Catawba County for at least one year.
Current staff of the sponsor organizations, board members, and immediate family are not eligible to apply.
Successful applicants should have a strong record of accomplishment in an art form. Though the artist may not earn a living exclusively through the practice of this art form, applicants should demonstrate a commitment to do so when and if it becomes practical.
Applicants may choose to apply as an individual or as part of a group, but not as both.
Applicants must be 18 years of age at the time of application.
Full-time students, or those seeking a degree, are not eligible for this grant.
It is required that all grant applications be reviewed with a staff person from one of the organizations sponsoring the Regional Artist Project.
The deadline to apply is October 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
828-324-4906, ext. 302
828-324-4906, ext. 304
828-324-4906, ext. 308
828-324-4906, ext. 307
United Arts Council of Catawba County
231 3rd Ave. NE
Hickory, NC 28601
243 3rd Ave. NE Box 5
Hickory, NC 28601
USA: North Carolina: Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, McDowell, and Catawba Counties