Grants to Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio K-12 schools in eligible counties for educational events and projects. Funding may be requested for in-person or virtual programming. Eligible proposals include classroom programs, after-school programs, and service-learning projects. Funding may also support capital costs for equipment or supplies which then become the property of the school. Schools must be located in the Greater Cincinnati region which includes the counties of Hamilton, Butler, Warren, and Clermont in Ohio; Boone, Kenton, and Campbell in Kentucky; and Dearborn in Indiana.
Proposals should explicitly address the following purpose:
Purpose: Allow local K-12 educators the opportunity for creative, interesting, educational projects or events they would like to bring to their school or classroom
Preference will be given to projects that:
Inspire innovative, creative and fun ideas that encourage student participation.
Promote diversity, multicultural or intergenerational events.
Projects or programs that boost student’s academic performance.
Projects or programs that provide students opportunities to engage and serve the community.
Have lasting impact on students, the school and its staff.
- Applicants must be teachers, principals and other educators at local schools serving students K-12.
- Schools must be located in the Greater Cincinnati region which includes the counties of: Hamilton, Butler, Warren and Clermont in Ohio; Boone, Kenton and Campbell in Kentucky; and Dearborn in Indiana.
- Proposals will be accepted by schools who meet the criteria and align strongly with the purpose of this RFP.
- Schools applying for funding should verify that all vendors paid with grant funds are on their district’s approved vendor list.
To be considered for funding, proposals must be submitted by Friday, May 26, 2023, at 5:00 pm.
- RFP Release January 9, 2023
- Proposal Deadline May 26, 2023
- Volunteer Committee Review June 2023
- Decision Communicated July 2023
Each school may submit up to two applications, either for two distinctly different programs or the same program for two different groups of students.
Estimated Size of Grant
The maximum grant award for the 2023 Learning Links cycle is $1,250, however the Foundation accepts grant requests for lower amounts.
Term of Contract
Projects or events must take place during the 2023-2024 school year.