Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) - National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP)
Matching grants to Minnesota schools and nonprofits to support programs that introduce students to archery by providing them with the best equipment, training, and curriculum available at the lowest possible price. The goal of these grants is to maximize the number of youth that have access to the equipment and training.
Teachers receive training and their school participates in an archery education program designed by NASP. Schools use either existing archery equipment or purchase new archery equipment packages at a discounted price. Financial assistance for equipment packages may be available from the DNR or other organizations.
- 10 Right handed and 2 left handed Genesis Bows
- 5 Block FITA bulls eye targets (36 inch)
- 10 Dozen full-length aluminum arrows
- 1 safety backstop net
- 1 equipment repair package
The DNR will periodically provide financial assistance to schools or nonprofit organizations providing equipment to schools through a competitive grant program. Schools will be required to provide $1,800, and the DNR will fund the rest.
If grant requests exceed available funds, a committee of state archery interests chaired by the DNR Archery in the Schools project coordinator will award grants on a competitive basis. Priorities for the committee will include:
- Maximizing the number of youth that have access to the equipment and training (i.e., multiple schools in a district share equipment, multiple teachers are certified instructors and provide additional classes, an existing extra-curricular program will utilize the program.)
- Commitment to after-school programs (i.e., establishment of a school archery club).
- Innovation in the delivery of archery programs.
- Increased local financial contribution.
- Partnerships with local archery retailers and clubs.
- Geographical distribution and balance of grants.
Criteria the grant committee will consider:
- Metro vs. Rural Ratio of 50:50 is a goal
- Reaching the maximum number of participants is valued
- Innovative proposals are encouraged
- Getting financial requirement in order early
- Programs that cater to all ages
- Programs that promote and support bow hunting
GrantWatch ID#: 148272
The equipment's retail value is nearly $5,000, but is available to participating schools and nonprofits for $3,600, shipping included.
This grant is open to Minnesota schools and nonprofit organizations providing equipment to school programs.
Fill out and submit the one page application by April 1, 2018 for consideration.
Schools will be required to provide $1,800, and the DNR will fund the rest.
For other sources of financial assistance, please see the Foundation's website.
Equipment Order Form:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be submitted to:
Department of Natural Resources
Attn: Kraig Kiger, DNR Shooting Sports Education Coordinator
1201 Hwy 2 East
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Or, emailed to Kraig Kiger.
tel.218-328-8868 or 218-999-7949