Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) - National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP)
Matching grants to Minnesota schools and nonprofit organizations for training, equipment, and supplies for student archery training. Funding is intended to maximize the access of youth to high quality equipment and training as they participate in innovative school and after-school archery programs.
Teachers receive training and their school participates in an archery education program designed by NASP. Schools use either existing archery equipment or purchase new archery equipment packages at a discounted price. Financial assistance for equipment packages may be available from the DNR or other organizations. Packages for Archery Equipment and 3-D Archery Target Equipment are available.
Basic Archery Equipment package:
- 10 right handed universal draw length bows, 10-20 pound draw weights
- 2 left handed universal draw length bows, 10-20 pound draw weights
- 10 dozen aluminum 1820 arrows, 31” long,
- 5 targets (36'x36'x11' / 40#)
- 1 backstop net (Kevlar, 8.5’x30’)
- 1 repair kit
NASP 3-D Archery Target Equipment:
- (1) 3-D Turkey Target
- (1) 3-D Coyote Target
- (1) 3-D Bear Target
- (1) 3-D Pronghorn Target
- (1) 3-D Whitetail Deer Target
- (1) 3-D Big Horn Sheep Target
- (6) 3-D Target Stands
Priorities for the committee will include:
- Maximizing the number of youth that have access to the equipment and training (i.e., multiple schools in a district share equipment, multiple teachers are certified instructors and provide additional classes, an existing extra-curricular program will utilize the program.)
- Commitment to after-school programs (i.e., establishment of a school archery club).
- Innovation in the delivery of archery programs.
- Increased local financial contribution.
- Partnerships with local archery retailers and clubs.
- Geographical distribution and balance of grants
GrantWatch ID#: 148272
- Archery Equipment: The Archery Equipment's retail value is nearly $5,000, but is available to participating schools and nonprofits for $3,600, shipping included. Schools will be required to provide $1,800, and the DNR will fund the rest.
- 3-D Archery Target: The school will secure $1,250 required for a local match.
Grants are available to participating schools and nonprofit organizations.
The grant selection committee recommends that multiple groups share equipment so that more participants have access to this valuable equipment. Proposals with multiple programs partnering will receive a higher priority for funds.
Fill out and submit the one page application by April 1, 2019 for consideration.
- July 1, 2018: Grant application period starts and applications will be reviewed as they are received. All applicants will receive notification if successful or not.
- Ongoing: Sign and return, contracts, submit matching funds
- May 1, 2019: All remaining contracts and checks due.
- June 29, 2019: Grant cycle ends.
- September 2018 - March 2019: Training sessions held.
Equipment Order Form: //www.genesisbow.com/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Direct applications and questions to:
Department of Natural Resources
Attn: Kraig Kiger, DNR Shooting Sports Education Coordinator
1201 Hwy 2 East
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Office (218) 328-8868