Awards of $1,000 to Canada individuals, private businesses, organizations, groups, and municipalities for outstanding contributions through arts and cultural programs affiliated with the funding source's nation-wide event. Award categories include, but are not limited to, marketing, outstanding events, public engagement, leadership, private and business participation.
1) The Antoni Cimolino Leadership Award will honor an individual who has demonstrated exceptional support and leadership in promoting Culture Days.
Nominations of individuals for this distinguished award should consider the following assessment criteria:
-Dedication of a substantial amount of time over a sustained period to promote Culture Days;
-Contribution of their expertise and personal and/or organizational resources;
-Inspired and mobilized other individuals to advance Culture Days and its goals;
-Attracted new in-kind and financial resources to advance Culture Days; and
-Attracted and mobilized new partners and collaborators to advance Culture Days.
2) The Business Visionary Award will honor* a private sector business that has demonstrated exemplary active support of one or more Culture Days events at the local, regional or national levels. Local businesses and large corporations alike support the arts and culture through sponsorships, donations, in-kind services, employee programs, communications, and investment in innovative activations.
Nominations of businesses of all sizes will be considered for this distinguished award and should consider the following assessment criteria:
-Made an important financial or in-kind contribution to help promote one or more Culture Days activities and/or support local organizers in other useful ways;
-Invested in an innovative activation during Culture Days;
-Encouraged their employees to be involved in Culture Days, participate or help in some way;
-Provided communications and promotional support for a Culture Days campaign; and
-The support made a notable impact on the success of the artist’s, organization’s, group’s or municipality’s participation during Culture Days, with demonstrable potential for further development after the event.
3) The Marketing Award will honor* an individual, organization, group or municipality that has implemented an innovative and effective Marketing campaign for one or more Culture Days events.
Nominations of any individual, group, organization or municipality for this distinguished award should consider the following assessment criteria:
-Use of traditional and non traditional media in their Culture Days Marketing campaign;
-Use and engagement through social media or other digital/on-line forms;
-Media outreach and coverage;
-Innovative promotional and PR events;
-Effective use of Culture Days branding, including logo, customizable promotional materials and key messaging in their materials, advertising and promotion, media relations and at their Culture Days event/activity venues;
-Innovative partnerships and/or collaborations;
-Innovative sponsor activations; and
-Lasting impact of efforts past Culture Days (ie: attracted new clients or audiences, increased Twitter followers during Culture Days campaign, established or strengthened a relationship with a sponsor or news outlet).
4) The Innovative Event Award will honor* an individual, organization, group or municipality that demonstrated an innovative approach to engage public participation in their work or practice during their Culture Days activity(ies).
Nominations for any Culture Days Activity Organizer (individual, organization, group or municipality) for this distinguished award should consider the following assessment criteria:
-Hosted a registered Culture Days activity(ies) that provided participants with an exceptionally unique hands-on participatory experience with the art form or cultural practice;
-Hosted a registered Culture Days activity(ies) that provided a unique opportunity for dialogue with an artist or cultural worker allowing the public to gain insight into their art form, cultural practice and “how they do what they do”;
-Hosted a registered Culture Days activity(ies) that provided an extraordinary and unique opportunity for the public to see or experience a part of the creative/cultural world they ordinarily would not have the chance to do; and
-Hosted a Culture Days activity(ies) that showcased the value of the arts and culture to the well being of individuals or their community.
5) The Cities for People Award will honor* an individual artist or cultural practitioner, collective of artists or cultural practitioners, or an arts or cultural organization/group that has demonstrated exceptional leadership and innovation in implementing a collaborative arts or cultural activity/project during Culture Days 2014 that aims to transform the livability of their neighborhood, community or city for their fellow citizens.
Nominations for this distinguished award should consider the following assessment criteria:
-The activity/project addressed a specific social, ecological, economic, or physical challenge or set of challenges to transform the area and citizens where the project was implemented; and
-The project engaged a relatively high level of citizen participation.
*In the case where the winner is a group or organization, one person will be designated to represent the winner at the National Congress and awards dinner in May 2015.
The winners will receive $1,000 cash prize and a complementary trip (hotel and airfare) and registration to the Culture Days National Congress on Culture to be held in in May 2015 (date and location TBD) where they will share their experience with Congress delegates. They will be presented an inscribed award at the Congress Awards Dinner. No substitutes or transfers for the awards prize will be granted.
Estimated Size of Grant: