City of Rockwall
Grants to Rockwall, Texas organizations for projects and activities that attract visitors from outside the city, increase hotel occupancy rates, and promote the hotel and convention industry. Programs must fall in the areas of historic preservation, the arts, or advertising and tourism. Event advertising must be a key element of the project, and every expenditure must directly enhance and promote tourism and the convention and hotel industry.
Every expenditure must fit into one of the following nine categories:
1. The establishment, improvement, or maintenance of a convention, visitor center, or both.
2. Administrative costs for facilitating convention registration (facilities, personnel, and materials).
3. The advertising, solicitations, and promotions that attract tourists and convention delegates to the city.
4. Encouragement, promotion, improvement, and application of the arts (instrumental, vocal, dance, drama, architecture, painting, sculpture, photography, radio, television, etc.)
5. Historical restoration and preservation projects and activities to encourage tourists to visit preserved historic sites and museums.
6. Sporting events to increase hotel activity.
7. Enhancement of existing sports facilities and/or fields.
8. Tourist transportation systems.
9. Signage directing the public to sights and attractions frequently visited by hotel guests in the city.
GrantWatch ID#: 148432
The fiscal year runs from October 1, 2017, to September 30, 2018.
Program staff is available for meetings to discuss this funding program, provide assistance with completing the application, and facilitate the required supporting documentation.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Lea Ann Ewing, Purchasing Agent
Deliver applications to:
City of Rockwall Finance Office
Attn: Lea Ann Ewing
City Hall, 385 S. Goliad St.
Rockwall, Texas 75087
USA: Texas: City of Rockwall