Foundation / Corporation
Bloomington Bicycle Club (BBC)
Grants of up to $2,000 to Bloomington, Indiana nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations for programs and projects that promote and encourage bicycling. In awarding grants, the funding source will be guided by the following priorities, and will provide grants for projects that aim to:
- Promote and encourage bicycling for recreation, competition, travel, and transportation
- Train and educate the Bloomington community about bicycles and bicycling
- To assert, safeguard, and advocate the rights of all bicyclists and to seek better public understanding and respect for existing rights and greater cooperation with the public authorities in the observance of traffic regulations by all users
- Promote bicycle safety
- To secure public cooperation for periodic major bicycling events promoted under the club's auspices; and to urge the construction on public lands of facilities for the use of recreational and competitive bicyclists.
GrantWatch ID#: 148550
The suggested maximum grant request is $2,000.
All grants will be one-time awards. Awards will be made with the understanding that the BBC has no obligation to provide any additional support to the grantee.
Grants will be made only to nonprofit organizations and programs, schools, and other similar civic-minded organizations.
Restrictions and Limitations:
-No grants will be made for endowment campaigns or for previously incurred debts.
- Requests for support from religious organizations will be considered only if a project meets a general need and does not promote any particular denomination.
- No grants will be made for any political campaign or to support any attempt to influence legislation of any governmental body other than by making available the results of nonpartisan analysis, study and research.
- No grants will be made to fund bicycle racing teams. However, community outreach projects organized by such teams will be considered.
- The BBC operates without discrimination as to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, citizenship status, or any other category protected under federal or state law in the evaluation of grant requests and will make grants only to nondiscriminatory grant seekers.
Application deadline is February 28, 2018
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the Grant Policies and Guidelines document and the Application form.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send applications and general inquiries to: email@example.com, or mail to:
BBC Grant Committee
PO Box 463
Bloomington, IN 47402
(Applicants are strongly encouraged to send proposals as email attachments.)
USA: Indiana: Bloomington