Foundation / Corporation
Sherman County Cultural Coalition
Grants ranging from $500 to $1,500 to Sherman County, Oregon nonprofit organizations, individuals, and groups for arts and cultural projects that benefit local residents and visitors. Funding is intended for activities that address community needs and create a positive impact in Sherman County. Grants will be awarded on the basis of community need and/or positive impact on Sherman County and its residents.
The Sherman County Cultural Coalition will award grants on a competitive basis to proposals that fulfill one or more of the priorities established in the Sherman County Cultural Plan:
- Protect and strengthen investment in Sherman County’s existing cultural resources.
- Engage youth in the arts, heritage, and humanities.
- Promote cultural programs that stimulate cultural opportunities and economic growth and encourage that there are accessible, suitable and affordable spaces for cultural activities in Sherman County.
- Promote publication and dissemination of cultural information related to the arts and culture within Sherman County
- Encourage comprehensive arts-focused planning efforts in Sherman County through the integration of cultural development strategies with economic development policies
Projects must also result in a demonstrable benefit to County residents and visitors.
GrantWatch ID#: 148624
Requested amount should be limited to $500 - $1,500.
Both individuals and groups may seek Coalition grants. Groups need not be ongoing organizations and applicants need not be legally recognized nonprofits.
In general, the following are not eligible for Coalition grants:
- Operating costs, except as part of a viable crisis recovery plan
- Projects whose primary focus is advocacy of a particular political or religious viewpoint, or which primarily benefit a political, religious, labor, fraternal or athletic group.
- Fund-raising efforts, except those in which fund-raising is incidental to a project that meets Cultural Plan priorities.
- Organizations and/or individuals who did not submit their “Final Report” for any past grant awards.
Grant Applications for the 2019 spring grant cycle may be submitted beginning March 1, 2019, through March 29, 2019.
Grant funds will be available 30 days after the Cultural Coalition meeting for the review of grant proposals. It is possible the coalition may contact applicants during this time for clarification or possible suggestions regarding grant applications.
Grant applicants should generally consider Coalition funds to be supplemental and not the sole source of funding for their projects. Matching funds are encouraged whenever possible.
It is not the purpose of the Cultural Coalition to fund ongoing programs or favor specific organizations with annual awards. With this in view, it is possible that first time or less frequent applicants may get favorable notice. Previous grantees are encouraged to offer new and creative proposals/projects.
More information about the Sherman Cultural Trust may be found here: https://www.shermancountyculturalcoalition.com/about-us
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
Sherman County Cultural Coalition
PO Box 23
Moro, OR 97039
USA: Oregon: Sherman County