Foundation / Corporation
Oregon Cultural Trust - Umatilla County Cultural Coalition (UCCC)
01/18/19 3:00 PM Receipt
Grants to Umatilla County, Oregon nonprofit organizations, agencies, and organizations for arts, humanities, and heritage projects benefiting local communities. Funding is intended to support programs that increase arts awareness and opportunities; preserve and document historic sites and artifacts; promote public art and community beautification; and develop cultural facilities throughout the county.
Grants will be used in support of local projects that further Umatilla County’s Cultural Plan. (For information about the Cultural Plan, see http://www.umatillacountyculture.org/cultural_plan.)
Goals of the Utamilla County Cultural Plan: (Note: The term "arts" refers to multi-disciplinary arts, including but not limited to visual, performing, music, and writing.)
1. Develop awareness of and provide opportunities to experience arts, heritage, and humanities.
2. Inventory and/or preserve historic materials, sites, and stories.
3. Develop aesthetic components that enhance quality of life in Umatilla County’s communities.
4. Develop and support adequate cultural venues and organizations for the arts heritage, and humanities in Umatilla County.
See the Grant Application document in Supporting Documents below for details on the goals of the cultural plan.
GrantWatch ID#: 148628
Funding is limited. Funding for 14 projects in the last grant cycle was $14,200. If the project is a large one, additional funding sources will need to be secured. If the project is small, full funding may be requested, though the Umatilla County Cultural Coalition may only be able to partially fund the request.
Grant funding must be expended March 1, 2019 - November 1, 2019.
Funds for multi-year projects may be requested, with an application required each year.
Grants are available to Umatilla County non-profits, agencies and organizations.
There are certain items, such as consumable office supplies and cash awards, that are not normally covered by grant funds.
A special note about school busing expenditures: Busing costs for most educational school trips qualify for federal subsidies. Applicants should speak to their school administrator to see if their trip qualifies for this subsidy. If it does, they should indicate this on their budget and only request the amount that will not be subsidized.
Applications must be received no later than 3:00 pm on Friday, January 18, 2019. (Applications will not be accepted after this date.) Applicants should drop off or mail 10 copies of their proposal to Umatilla County Cultural Coalition. Projects should be planned and ready to execute.
- December 14, 2018: Grant postcard mailed to 180 Umatilla County non-profits, agencies and organizations announcing grant process.
- January 18, 2019 at 3:00 pm: Grant applications due - 10 copies.
- February 28, 2019: Grant applicants notified
- March 1 - November 1, 2019: Grant funds must be expended.
- November 15, 2019: Final report due to the Coalition
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Deliver or mail the proposal to:
Umatilla County Cultural Coalition
c/o Heritage Station Museum
P.O. Box 253 (108 S.W. Frazer Avenue)
Pendleton, OR 97801
If you have additional questions, please contact UCCC via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact fiscal agent Barbara Lund-Jones at (541) 276-0012.
USA: Oregon: Umatilla County