Grants of $1,500 to USA non-profit, member museums (including historical societies, historic houses or sites, and other similar institutions) that are seeking financial assistance to support the care, conservation, preservation, and/or exhibition of costumes and textiles that have historic, regional, or other significance.
These grants may be used for appropriate supplies or display items, the services of a consultant or specialist, or other projects that relate directly to the institution's costume collection and foster the care or use of the collection at a level appropriate to the particular collection's most pressing needs.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Criteria for Eligibility
Institutions applying for a grant must meet the following requirements:
- Fall into the small museum category, which includes historical societies, historic houses or sites, or other similar institutions
- Have an annual budget of $250,000 or less and five or fewer full-time paid staff members
- Be a non-profit organization as recognized under IRS Section 501
- Be regularly open to the public for a minimum of forty days per year
- Have a collection of tangible costume objects
- Have very limited budget and staff to support their costume collection
- Propose a project relating to maintaining the costume and textile collection
Note: To accept a grant, an institution must be, or become, an Institutional Member of the Costume Society of America or have an active staff member who is an Individual CSA member. Click here for information regarding how to become a member: http://www.costumesocietyamerica.com/detailed_benefits.htm.
An institution is not eligible to receive a grant more than once in three years.
Complete the application found at the bottom of the URL for Full Text (RFP).
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit one application electronically. If not submitting electronically, send six (6) copies of the application material (with a single copy of the institution’s most recent IRS Form 990/999-EZ and all schedules), together with any relevant documentation and supporting material.
Send electronic submissions to the email address listed in the contact information section below.
Send hard copies to:
Cynthia Amneus, CSA Small Museum Collection Care Grants Committee Chair
Cincinnati Art Museum
953 Eden Park Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Estimated Size of Grant
Term of Contract
Grant funds will be available by June 15. Funded projects must be completed by June 30 of the following year.