Foundation / Corporation
Hospice Giving Foundation (HGF)
04/12/19 4:00 PM
Grants to California nonprofit organizations that provide accessible hospice and palliative care services to individuals in Monterey and San Benito Counties facing terminal and chronic illnesses. Organizations that have not previously been funded must submit an LOI prior to submitting a full application.
2019 Criteria for New, Not Previously Funded Organizations:
This year, priority consideration will be given to new applicant proposals that address delivery and/or expansion of end-of-life care and support services for patients and families that reside in South Monterey County.
Hospice Giving Foundation funds hospice and palliative care for adults and children as well as programs which advocate for system-wide improvements. Grants may be awarded for capacity building, direct patient care, outreach, and new programs designed to expand options for end-of-life care in the community.
The Foundation's priorities for funding include programs that expand services, reach underserved populations and communities, and facilitate end-of-life planning. This includes:
- Providers of hospice care and / or palliative care
- Grief counseling
- Family support, specific to end-of-life needs
- Educational programs focused on end-of-life planning and family preparation
- Advocacy programs to support policy to increase access and broaden the scope of end-of-life services throughout our community
Funding priority is given to projects and programs with clear goals and outcomes relevant to serving end-of-life patients, their families, and caregivers. Applicant organizations should demonstrate sound management and governance practices, active board support, qualified staff, and effective utilization of volunteer resources.
When evaluating proposals, the committee considers:
- Alignment with the mission, vision, and philosophy of Hospice Giving Foundation
- Responsiveness to unmet needs in Monterey and/or San Benito counties
- Strategic approach to increase the number of people to be served, including collaboration with other service providers or organizations
- Sound finances: diverse support from public and private sources, realistic and cost-effective program design
- Result-oriented, measurable outcomes in quantifiable terms
- Efforts to build awareness about end-of-life care and increase access to services
GrantWatch ID#: 148707
Applications will only be accepted from nonprofit agencies that meet the following criteria:
- Services must be focused on end of life: hospice, palliative care, bereavement/grief, end-of-life preparedness, and/or support services for families of patients with life-limiting illness.
- Must be a 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit.
- Programs serve residents of Monterey and/or San Benito counties in California.
Hospice Giving Foundation does not fund the following:
-Political action, religious, or lobbying organizations
-Organizations not providing services in Monterey or San Benito counties
For New, Not Previously Funded Organizations:
Organizations must first submit a letter of intent outlining their proposal by Feb. 15, 2019. After review, the agency will be notified, if approved, to submit a full proposal.
2019 Grant Request Deadlines and Timetable:
January 30: Due Date: Interim Grant Report
Friday, February 15, 2019: Due Date: Letters of Intent for organizations NOT previously funded
Friday, March 8, 2019: Acceptance/decline of LOI notification sent via email. Note acceptance of request to submit a proposal does not guarantee funding.
Friday, April 12, 2019: Due Date: Completed grant proposals for current grantees and new grantees that received a Letter of Intent Acceptance.
Mid-May – July: Site Visits
August 2019: Final recommendations to the Board of Directors
July 30, 2019: Due Date: Final grant report
September 2019: Award letters and grants distribution
Grant applications must be submitted electronically. All documents must be received by 4 pm on the stated deadline date. Do not mail or hand-deliver additional copies of the grant application packet.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit One (1) complete grant proposal emailed in a single file PDF.
Siobhan Greene, President and CEO
Hospice Giving Foundation
80 Garden Court, Suite 201
Monterey, CA 93940
Contact Form: https://hospicegiving.org/contact/
USA: California: Monterey and San Benito Counties