Foundation / Corporation
Upper San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District
12/07/17 4:00 PM
Grants of up to $1,000 to Southern California K-12 teachers or groups of teachers for classroom or school projects that teach the important role water plays in the eligible areas of Los Angeles County. Funding is intended to supplement learning about water-related environmental issues by providing additional funding for creative projects in Upper District schools.
Projects must focus on water or water-related subjects which may include:
- Examining the various properties of water, studying water quality or charting the effect of a drought on the economy.
- Integrating the project into as many disciplines as you wish: politics, social science, and/or the arts.
- Creating a video, play or other performance medium that focuses on the subject of water and is used to educate students as well as other audiences, such as school assemblies or community groups.
GrantWatch ID#: 148714
Up to $1,000
The project or lesson must be completed by June 15, 2018.
Any K-12 grade educator that teaches at a licensed school within the boundaries of the Upper San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District is eligible to apply for a grant. School administrators can apply on behalf of their teachers.
- Grant funds must be used for materials or other direct costs for a water-related project.
- Grant funds cannot be used for payment of salaries or teaching stipends.
- Grant funds cannot be used for computers, tablets, or other similar electronic devices.
- Grant recipients cannot re-apply for grants in subsequent years for the same project.
The Upper San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District covers approximately 144 square miles and includes all or parts of 18 cities and portions of unincorporated Los Angeles County. For more information, see Grant Coverage Areas below.
Grant applications are due December 7, 2017 by 4:00 PM.
Completed applications must be reviewed and signed by the principal/head of school.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Signed and completed applications may be submitted to Elena@usgvmwd.org (type “WEGP” in the subject line) or mailing/dropping off a flash drive to:
602 E. Huntington Dr., Suite B,
Monrovia, CA 91016
Attn: Elena Layugan - WEGP
For questions, email the address above or call (626) 443-2297
USA: California: Upper San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District (Los Angeles County)