The Homer Foundation and City of Homer and Kachemak City Endowment Funds
02/16/18 5:00 PM Receipt; Applications for Immediate Response grants are accepted year-round
Grants to Homer, Alaska nonprofit organizations to provide general operating support and emergency needs. Organizations should be working to improve the quality of life for residents in the greater Homer area and provide enriching and essential programs to the community.
Funding is also available for the Homer Foundation Immediate Response Grants Program. Grant requests up to $5,000 are accepted year-round with a two week response time.
GrantWatch ID#: 148729
Immediate Response Grants Program: Grant requests up to $5,000 are accepted.
Organizations must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Organization has IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt status
- Organization has been in existence in Homer a minimum of 3 years
- Organization’s primary facility is located within Homer City limits, and core programs, activities, and services are offered within the Homer City limits
- Organization is administered locally with a local policy-making board of directors
- Organization had no other financial or in-kind support from the City of Homer in calendar year 2016.
Proposals must be received on the 2018 Homer Foundation City of Homer Grant application form. Emailed and faxed applications are not accepted. Please call if you have questions regarding your organization’s eligibility. The amount available for the 2018 City of Homer Grant Program is anticipated to be $33,433.
Proposals must be received by 5:00 pm on Friday, February 16, 2018 for consideration in the 2018 funding cycle. Proposals may be mailed or delivered to the Homer Foundation office.
Notification letters will be mailed by March 31, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail or deliver applications to:
The Homer Foundation
Joy Steward, Executive Director
PO Box 2600
Homer, AK 99603
3733 Ben Walters Lane, Suite 4
Lower Level of the Kachemak Bay Title Building
USA: Alaska: Greater Homer area