Foundation / Corporation
01/31/19 Postmarked or 3:00 PM hand delivery
Grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to Gilroy, California nonprofits, schools, and city agencies for programs benefiting community residents. Areas of funding include civic, environmental, culture, education, health, recreation, technology, agriculture, and art.
In reviewing grant applications, the Foundation gives consideration to:
1. Programs that would contribute to civic, cultural, agriculture, educational, health, artistic enrichment, recreational and technological needs of Gilroy and the surrounding area by addressing the cause of major problems rather than merely discussing their continuing effect upon society.
2. The ability of the organization or program to become self-supporting after initial seed money or interim funding.
3. The extent of local volunteer involvement and support for the organization’s board.
4. The organization’s fiscal responsibility and management qualifications.
In authorizing grants, the Foundation gives preference to projects of the following types, whether undertaken by existing agencies or by new agencies:
1. Projects or programs aimed at providing needed facilities or services, for which public funds are either not available or not sufficient and the Foundation’s contribution, either by itself or in conjunction with other private support, would have a significant impact.
2. Projects that will provide leverage in an agency’s ability to secure other funds.
3. Projects that, in responding to known community needs, are designed to coordinate or consolidate community services in an effort to reduce overhead expenses, increase efficiency or eliminate unnecessary duplication.
In addition to the above mentioned three types of projects, consideration may be given to grant applications from organizations that have a history of contributing to the civic, cultural, educational, health, artistic enrichment or recreational needs of Gilroy and its surrounding area, but whose grant application may not otherwise meet the criteria of the Gilroy Foundation.
GrantWatch ID#: 148876
$500 - $5,000
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Roya Wallace, Grants Coordinator
P.O. Box 774
Gilroy, CA 95020
USA: California: Gilroy
Grants to USA government agencies, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, faith-based or community organizations, and tribal governments to create and implement strategies to reduce violent crime and promote safe neighborhoods. Applicants are advised that re
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants of up to $50,000 to researchers affiliated with USA qualified institutions for research in the field of pediatric oncology. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to submitting a full application. Funding is intended to increase the institution's capacity to conduct
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length films in eligible genres. Funding is intended to support nonfiction films at any production phase from development through post-production. Films should demonstrate effective storytelling
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and territories nonprofits, for-profits, non-federal agencies, tribes, and individuals to promote the adoption and development of innovative approaches to conservation in agriculture. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several week
Grants to Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming nonprofits for education, job training, and community and economic dev
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International graduate psychology student for research and demonstration projects that foster understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholastic achievement, primarily for children in kindergarten through eighth g