Pierce County Arts Commission
02/02/18 4:00 PM Receipt
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 to Washington nonprofit organizations for projects that provide arts activities and experiences for youth or disadvantaged areas of Pierce County (outside of Tacoma). Funding is specifically intended to provide arts programming, experiences, and education to lower-income youth who reside in Pierce County but outside the city limits of Tacoma or to areas of Pierce County which are underserved by arts and cultural activities, in the following categories:
-Student musical instruments
-Other art disciplines
Applications will be evaluated by the Arts Commission using a variety of criteria, including the following:
-Artistic merit of proposed project.
-Demonstrated managerial capability of the organization.
-Employment of professional artists who are paid reasonable fees for services.
-Contributed and earned revenues beyond funding requested from Pierce County Arts Commission.
-Demonstrated community support for the project and/or organization.
GrantWatch ID#: 148920
Awards generally range from $1,000 to $5,000.
All projects are to be completed by December 31, 2018.
- Applicant must be a tax-exempt organization incorporated as a Washington State non-profit corporation under Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) determination and located in Pierce County but outside the city limits of Tacoma.
- Pierce County is committed to a policy of equal opportunity regardless of race; religion; color; national origin; age; gender; physical, mental, or sensory disability; or veteran status.
Commission funds may not be used to:
- Fund capital improvements, purchase equipment or real property, or support administrative costs not directly associated with the project.
- Cover costs incurred prior to the effective date of the contract.
- Fund events intended as fundraisers for any organization or person.
-Fund performance art events for which an admission fee is charged.
- Pay for services before they occur. Funds will be disbursed when the project is completed and the required final report and evaluation forms have been submitted and accepted.
- Pay for food or alcohol served at a private or community event.
- Pay students for artistic services.
Please note that funding will not be awarded for ticket subsidies or for any transportation costs.
Applications may be submitted by email or mail until February 2, 2018 by 4:00 PM. Successful applicants will be notified by February 23, 2018.
The County’s “spam” filter may quarantine your application. You are required to call Kathy Sorgenfrei (see contact information section below) to ensure that she has received your application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send applications by mail or delivery:
Attn: Pierce County Arts Commission
Pierce County Economic Development Department
950 Pacific Avenue, Suite 720
Tacoma, WA 98402
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on this program, please contact:
Kathy Sorgenfrei, Administrative Program Manager
USA: Washington: Pierce County, outside the city limits of Tacoma