Foundation / Corporation
Adams County Arts Council (ACAC)
11/01/17 Postmarked or Delivered
Grants typically ranging from $500 to $1,800 to Adams County, Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations, schools, and artists for a wide range of arts activities that will enrich the local area. Funding is intended for projects in traditionally underserved areas and that address particular cultural or educational needs.
STAR Grant Program Goals:
- To support a wide variety of arts activities in Adams County, traditionally an underserved region for the arts.
- To increase assistance to schools and local artists for arts residencies and activities.
- To encourage and support local decision-making in re-granting of County, and municipal arts allocations.
- To increase access to high-quality arts programs for Adams County citizens and visitors.
A panel of three judges comprised of community citizens will evaluate applications based on the following criteria:
- Artistic quality of the project. This includes artistic merit based upon regional standards, project planning and design, realistic goals and activities, and qualifications of the artist(s). (10 points.)
- Ability to carry out the project. Applicant successfully demonstrates completing a project similar to proposed project. What resources - monetary, people, supplies, space - do you have available? Is the budget realistic, is the request level appropriate, and is the budget balanced? Other funding sources? (10 points.)
- Community Served. Who is served (general public, students, or diverse populations)? Cultural/educational need for project. (10 points.)
GrantWatch ID#: 148956
An organization or school may request any amount but typical awards range from $500 - $1,800.
Projects must occur between January 1, 2018, and December 31, 2018.
- Schools, nonprofit arts organizations, nonprofit organizations conducting arts events, and artists for commissions or for residencies (note: letter of agreement from school or organization requesting or benefiting from your services is required.)
- Project must be an arts activity that will benefit the public.
- Projects benefiting for-profit businesses are ineligible.
- Projects must be open to the public and take place in Adams County, or benefit an arts organization or artist(s) based in Adams County.
Not eligible for funding:
- Capital expenses (i.e., equipment)
- Activities that have a religious purpose
- Activities for which academic credit is given
- Programs already completed
- Events not taking place in Adams County
- Cash awards or prizes
- Benefit or fundraising activities
- Hospitality expenses (i.e. receptions, parties)
- Lobbying activities
Applications are to be postmarked or delivered by November 1, 2017.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit Applications to:
Adams County Arts Council
125 S. Washington St.
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Questions about the grant process should be directed to Judy Marti at 717-334-5006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Pennsylvania: Adams County