Find Nonprofit and Small Business Grants

Advance Search

Only Available for Paid Subscribers
Clear Filters
Search Filters

2015 Colorado Tree Coalition/Xcel Energy Vegetation Management Grants

Grants to Colorado Non-Profits & Government Agencies for Tree Planting Projects

Agency Type:

Foundation / Corporation

Funding Source:

Add to My Calendar 

Xcel Energy, Vegetation Management Division; administered by Colorado Tree Coalition, with support from Colorado State Forest Service

Deadline Date:

12/02/16

Description:

Request a Grant Writer

Grants ranging from $500 to $3,000 to Colorado non-profits, government agencies, school districts and community organizations in eligible locations for tree replacement or new tree planting projects. Applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their project with program staff prior to submitting an application.

An educational component should be included in each project. Projects which enhance good community tree planting and maintenance under power lines are eligible. In general projects must be on public property, but projects on private property that provide public benefit and access are acceptable.

GrantWatch ID#:

GrantWatch ID#: 149178

Estimated Total Program Funding:

$6,000

Estimated Size of Grant:

$500 - $3,000

Term of Contract:

Projects must be completed by September 30, 2015.

Additional Eligibility Criteria:

Eligible Applicants: State and local governments, school districts, community and neighborhood organizations, and private non-profit groups in the Xcel Energy service area.

Eligible Projects: These funds are available for communities served by Xcel Energy and must be used for replacement or new planting projects under power lines using species from the approved Xcel Energy list. A list of eligible communities and tree species can be found at http://www.coloradotrees.org/programs.php#grants.

Eligible Expenses: Eligible expenses must be tree-related only. Do not include expenses related to turf, shrubs, flowers, trail construction, recreational facilities, food, merchandise and similar items. Line clearance activities are not eligible for these grants.

Pre-Application Information:

It is highly recommended that you confer with your local CSFS District Forester, a CTC or Xcel Energy representative, your City Forester or Tree Board prior to submitting your application to insure that it demonstrates proper tree species selection and diversity, planting techniques and locations, and maintenance that is appropriate for your community.

The application is electronic. All applications are emailed to Keith.Wood@colostate.edu.

Matching Requirement: All grant funds must be matched 25% by the applicant with cash funds. The matching funds may be private or public monetary contributions. The source of the matching funds must be identified. In-kind personnel and volunteer services can make up the remaining 75% match.

Contact Information:

Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.

Keith Wood, Colorado State Forest Service-Broomfield
Keith.Wood@colostate.edu

Vince Urbina, Colorado State Forest Service-Grand Junction
970-248-7326

David Flaig, CTC Grants Committee-Littleton
303-795-3766

Nick Fox, Xcel Energy Vegetation Management
303-628-2706

Colorado Tree Coalition
P.O. Box 808
Broomfield, Colorado 80038-0808

URL for Full Text (RFP):

Geographic Focus:

USA: Colorado