Foundation / Corporation
Coldwater Heritage Partnership (CHP)
12/15/17 Postmarked or 5:00 PM Electronic Receipt
Grants of up to $5,000 to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations and municipalities to create a conservation plan that will build local awareness and support the stewardship of coldwater streams and their surrounding watersheds. Applicants must contact staff before applying to discuss project details.
The plans are meant to identify potential problems and opportunities for stream conservation, and may often also lead to more detailed watershed studies or projects, ultimately improving the health of coldwater ecosystems.
This grant provides funding to:
- Gather existing data about the coldwater ecosystem;
- Identify potential impacts, threats, problems and opportunities to the coldwater streams;
- Formulate a plan of action for proposed conservation and protection strategies; and
- Build community awareness and support for the conservation of our coldwater streams.
Proposals that meet the following criteria will be given priority:
- Project will occur in a watershed that contains streams with naturally reproducing trout populations. The list of streams containing naturally reproducing trout can be found at: http://fishandboat.com/trout_repro.htm
- Project will occur in a watershed listed as special protection waters within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Chapter 93 or have the potential to be upgraded. This information can be found at: http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/025/chapter93/chap93toc.html
- Streams and other water bodies in project area are generally open to the public for recreational activities including angling;
- Project demonstrates significant partnerships, volunteer involvement, and promotes opportunities for citizen science and engagement;
- Local watershed organizations, TU chapters, county conservation districts or academic institutions (rather than consulting firms) take the leading role in the implementation of the project; and
- Proposed project demonstrates benefits to coldwater fish species as well as to the local community’s economic, recreational, aesthetic characteristics or objectives.
GrantWatch ID#: 149187
Up to $5,000.
Plans should be completed 18 months after the contract is fully executed.
Organizations that have 501(c)3 non-profit status in Pennsylvania, such as watershed associations, land trusts, Trout Unlimited chapters, conservancies, sportsmen groups, educational institutions and conservation organizations are eligible to apply.
Municipalities, municipal authorities, and counties may also apply.
Organizations that do not have 501(c)3 non-profit status must identify a non-profit organization that will administer the finances for the grant (a pass-through organization).
Applications are due December 15, 2017 (postmarked or emailed by 5:00 PM). If you do not receive confirmation of your application, it has not been received.
Preference will be given to applications that show a cash or non-cash, in-kind contributions such as volunteer time, donated services, or other donated items that directly tie to the development of the Coldwater Conservation Plan.
Potential applicants must contact the Coldwater Heritage Partnership Program Director to discuss the organization’s needs and project ideas before applying.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail or email applications or questions to:
Coldwater Heritage Partnership
Tali MacArthur, Program Director
595 E. Rolling Ridge Drive
Bellefonte, PA 16823