Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of West Georgia
Grants and in-kind training to West Georgia nonprofit organizations to enhance the quality of life in Carroll, Haralson, and Heard Counties. Funding is intended for the focus areas of environment and early childhood development. In addition, the Foundation offers leadership development training opportunities to nonprofits at no cost.
Focus area details include:
Leadership Development and Capacity-Building for Nonprofits: AHR Fund annually sponsors professionally delivered leadership development programming for West Georgia nonprofits on high demand topics. Programs are delivered locally and without cost to participating nonprofits.
Nonprofit Community Capacity Building: AHR makes grants that help strengthen the local community of nonprofits, through the sharing of ideas and best practices, networking and informal mentoring.
Environment: Conservation and stewardship of the local region’s natural resources including:
- River and stream monitoring and activities that help ensure river and stream purity and availability of clean drinking water. This includes removal of trash and toxic items from land and waterways.
- Recycling projects and beautification of public space
- Community education and volunteer and community engagement
Early Childhood Education:
- Quality improvement in West Georgia’s child development sector
- Access to local, high quality early educational opportunities
- Professional development of the local, early child development workforce
- Early screening and intervention for preschoolers for problems that can limit educational success (speech, hearing, vision, development and learning disabilities)
- Approaches that effectively engage parents early in their children’s development and education
GrantWatch ID#: 149214
Grant funding is restricted for use in Carroll, Heard and/or Haralson Counties in Georgia.
501c3 nonprofits or those operating under a 501c3 nonprofit are eligible to apply.
The deadline to apply for a 2019 grant is August 15, 2018.
Applications will be reviewed and decisions announced by October 15, 2018.
More information on Focus Areas:
- Leadership: https://www.cfwg.net/ahrleadership
- Environment: https://www.cfwg.net/ahr-funds-environmental-impact-intentions/
- Early Child Development: https://www.cfwg.net/ahr-funds-early-child-development-impact-intentions/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
- Leadership Development: https://www.cfwg.net/alice-huffard-richards-leadership-grant-applicaiton/
- Environment: https://www.cfwg.net/alice-huffard-richards-early-child-development-impact-grant-application/
- Early Childhood Education: https://www.cfwg.net/alice-huffard-richards-environmental-grant-application/
Patience Allan-Glick, Program Manager
807 South Park Street
Carrollton, GA 30117
USA: Georgia: Carroll, Haralson, and Heard Counties