Foundation / Corporation
01/31/19 - Postmarked; 3:00 PM hand delivery
Grants of $20,000 to Gilroy, California nonprofits, schools and government agencies for industrial arts programs, including design, technical drawing, graphic technology, engineering studies, vocational programs, and film or movies. Preference is given to programs that provide services for which public funds are not available or not sufficient.
In reviewing grant applications, in addition to evaluating the potential impact of the requests, the Foundation gives careful consideration to:
1. Programs which would contribute to industrial arts.
2. The ability of the organization or program to become self-supporting after initial seed money or interim funding.
3. The extent of local volunteer involvement and support for the organization’s board.
4. The organization’s fiscal responsibility and management qualifications.
In authorizing grants, the Foundation gives preference to projects of the following types, whether undertaken by existing agencies or by new agencies:
1. Projects or programs aimed at providing needed facilities or services, for which public funds are either not available or not sufficient and the Foundation’s contribution, either by itself or in conjunction with other private support, would have a significant impact.
2. Projects that will provide leverage in an agency’s ability to secure other funds.
3. Projects that, in responding to known community needs, are designed to coordinate or consolidate community services in an effort to reduce overhead expenses, increase efficiency or eliminate unnecessary duplication.
GrantWatch ID#: 149843
Grant applications will be accepted from all Gilroy public and private schools and the City of Gilroy.
Consideration may be given to grant applications from organizations that have a history of contributing to the civic, cultural, educational, health, artistic enrichment or recreational needs of Gilroy and its surrounding area, but whose grant application may not otherwise meet the criteria of the Gilroy Foundation.
Grant consideration cannot be given either to individuals or to organizations that do not have their nonprofit, tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service.
Unless so designated by a donor in the instrument of transfer and approved by the Foundation Board, grants normally will not be awarded to:
2. Endowment purposes
3. Influence legislation or elections
4. Scholarships or basic research
5. Travel to, or in support of, conferences
6. Debt retirement or for operational deficit
7. Programs outside of the Gilroy community
8. Contributions to annual fund drives or in support of operational expenses, except during a start-up period not to exceed three years, and except as may be allowed by other considerations, described above.
9. Sectarian religious purposes (does not preclude consideration of requests for educational, medical or social service oriented programs undertaken by church affiliated or supported agencies)
10. Fund the same project for more than three consecutive years, except as may be allowed by other considerations, described above.
Applications can be downloaded from the Foundation’s website. Completed applications can be mailed and must be postmarked no later than January 31, 2019. Hand delivered applications are accepted by appointment only by calling the Foundation to make prior arrangements.
Hand-delivered applications can be accepted by 3:00 p.m. on January 31, if prior arrangements are made by phone or email.
Organizations are notified of their status by the end of March. Grants are awarded at the Annual Meeting and Charitable Giving Program in April of each year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail the Application via US Postal Service (No Certified Mail):
P.O. Box 774
Gilroy, CA 95020
Hand deliver application to:
Roya Wallace, Grants Coordinator
60 Fourth Street #208
USA: California: City of Gilroy