Foundation / Corporation
National Center for Families Learning (NCFL)
06/08/18 11:59 PM EDT
One award of $5,000 and an award of $20,000 to USA school and community-based family educators in recognition of outstanding efforts to engage families in the educational process. Funding is intended to support the implementation of the recipients' innovative ideas and to expand their programming.
Both winners will receive their awards September 24-26, 2018, in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, at the 2018 Families Learning Conference. Both will receive a scholarship and travel stipend to participate. Conference attendance is required to receive the awards.
NCFL wants to reward family teachers who:
- Serve parents and children using a strong intergenerational approach to helping them learn together in innovative ways.
- Have a demonstrated record of success.
- Have the capacity to implement innovative ideas for expanding their program to benefit families and/or to engage more families.
- Serve communities and families with high literacy and socioeconomic needs.
- Can communicate successful practices to other colleagues across the nation.
GrantWatch ID#: 149872
Two - 1 winner and 1 runner-up.
The winner receives a scholarship to NCFL's annual summit and a $20,000 grant for his/her family engagement program. In addition, one runner-up will receive a $5,000 grant for his/her program and a scholarship to the summit.
Award funds must be expended between October 2018 and October 2019.
Winning educators must work for a school or community-based program that engages families in the educational process.
The location of the program must be in the United States of America.
Family educators must be nominated by someone who knows the nominee’s work well and has extensive knowledge of the nominee’s strengths, approaches, and collective positive impact on behalf of children, families, and other professionals.
Please submit nominations no later than 11:59 PM EDT on Friday, June 8, 2018.
As part of the application, the nominator will be required to complete a nomination letter.
Anyone with comprehensive knowledge about the nominee is eligible to fill in the nomination form. Programs may nominate up to two family educators using separate nomination forms. Self-nominations will be disqualified.
If honored as the Toyota Family Teacher of the Year, the nominee agrees to:
- Participate in NCFL’s extensive outreach activities to promote their practices and programs; including, but not limited to, participation in the Families Learning Conference.
- Expend award funds between October 2018 and October 2019.
- Share program and family stories with NCFL on an ongoing basis, particularly through requested communications throughout the year, including an end-of-year report.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming