Foundation / Corporation
Women’s Fund of Portage County
Grants to Portage County, Wisconsin nonprofits, governmental entities, established citizen committees, groups, and individuals to develop programs that benefit local women and children. Funding is intended to support the economic, educational, physical, emotional, social, artistic, and personal growth of local women and children of all ages, cultures, nationalities, races, and abilities.
Applicants must demonstrate how their project is relevant to the Women's Fund mission: “The Women's Fund of Portage County empowers women philanthropists by creating opportunities to fund programs that develop the full potential of women and children.”
GrantWatch ID#: 150149
The range of individual grant awards in previous years has been $150 - $3,000.
Eligible applicants are:
- Consistent with the mission.
- Non-profit agencies, organizations or governmental entities that are state and federal tax exempt
- Established citizen committees, groups or individuals wishing to complete a community program/project for the benefit of the general public of Portage County
Not generally funded:
- Annual fund drives, capital campaigns, or general solicitation requests
- Establishment of, or contribution to, endowment funds
- Requests for emergency funding or other financial shortfalls
- Debt retirement
- Travel or honorariums
In reviewing applications, the Women’s Fund will operate without discrimination as to age, race, sex, religion, or national origin and will award grants only to agencies, organizations and individuals that do not discriminate as to age, race, sex, religion, or national origin.
The deadline is February 16, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
All grant applicants will be notified upon final approval of the Women’s Fund Board and the Board of Directors of the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin by May 1.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Katherine Young, Allocations Committee Chair
Women's Fund of Portage County
c/o Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin
1501 Clark St.
Stevens Point, WI 54481
USA: Wisconsin: Portage County