City of Seabrook - Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) Funds
Grants to Seabrook, Texas nonprofits, businesses, and groups for events and programs that are likely to increase overnight stays in local lodging facilities. Funding priority will be given to activities that will directly promote Seabrook’s hotel and tourism industry.
By the law of the State of Texas, the City of Seabrook collects a Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) from all lodging facilities located within the city limits. According to the law, revenue from the municipal hotel occupancy tax may be used only to promote tourism and the convention and hotel industry, and that use is limited to the following:
1. Convention Centers and Visitor Centers: the acquisition of sites for and the construction, improvement, enlarging, equipping, repairing, operation and maintenance of convention center facilities or visitor information center or both.
2. Registration of Convention Delegates: the furnishing of facilities, personnel and materials for the registration of convention delegates or registrants.
3. Advertising, Solicitation and Promotions: advertising and conducting solicitations and promotional programs to attract tourists and convention delegates or registrants to the municipality or its vicinity.
4. Promotion of the Arts: the encouragement, promotion, improvement and application of the arts; including instrumental and vocal music, dance, drama, folk art, creative writing, architecture, design and allied fields, painting, sculpture, photography, graphic and craft arts, motion pictures, radio, television, tape and sound recording, and other arts related to the presentation, performance, execution, and exhibition of these major art forms.
5. Historical Restoration and Preservation: historical restoration and preservation projects or activities or advertising and conducting solicitation and promotional programs to encourage tourists and convention delegates to visit preserved historic sites, museums or exhibits.
6. Sporting Event Expense: funding certain expenses, including promotional expenses, directly related to a sporting event within counties with a population under 1 million.
7. Sporting Facilities: enhancement or upgrading of existing sports facilities or sports fields for certain municipalities.
8. Transportation of Tourists: funding transportation systems for transporting tourists from hotels to and near the city to any of the following destinations: the commercial center of the city; a convention center in the city; other hotels in or near the city; tourist attractions in or near the city
9. Signage: Signage directing tourists to sights and attractions that are visited frequently by hotel guests in the municipality.
GrantWatch ID#: 150198
Requests will be considered for funding in the 2019-2020 Fiscal Year (October 2019 – September 2020).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
LeaAnn Dearman Petersen, Director of Communication
Seabrook City Council Communications
1700 1st St.
Seabrook, TX 77586
Ph: (281) 291-5600
Fx: (281) 291-5690
USA: Texas: City of Seabrook
Grants to USA government agencies, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, faith-based and community organizations, and tribal governments for activities to reduce violent crime in local neighborhoods. Interested applicants are advised that required registra
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations and Tribes to provide technical assistance and counseling for disadvantaged small businesses. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several weeks to complete. The purpose of the available funding is to support
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations and eligible agencies to increase organizational capacity to improve housing practices. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several weeks to complete. Funding is intended to strengthen organizational capacity
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofit charitable organizations to impact public policy in a variety of national and international issues. In previous years, grants have been awarded for general operations and project support to think tanks, national councils, judicial orga
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants to USA community-based nonprofit organizations to facilitate workplace readiness for women. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take up to four weeks to complete. Eligible programs are those that prepare women to work in fields in which women a
Grants to Texas arts and cultural nonprofit organizations for projects that promote arts, humanities, and tourism in eligible locations. First-time applicants must schedule a pre-application review prior to submitting a full application. Eligible projects foster tourism
Grants to Texas nonprofit and government organizations in eligible counties to enhance the local quality of life and advance equal opportunity. Grants are awarded for general operating support, project support, research, capacity building, capital improvement, public po