Foundation / Corporation
Spartanburg Regional Foundation
03/22/19 5:00 PM
Grants to Upstate South Carolina nonprofit organizations for health and wellness programs and projects in Spartanburg, Cherokee, and Union Counties. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to applying. Priority will be given to programs that increase access to healthcare. Eligible projects must benefit the service area of the Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System.
GrantWatch ID#: 150915
Hospital grant requests have no minimum amount; however, community requests should not exceed $20,000.
The grant project must be completed within the 12 month period of July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020. Grant money must be used by June 30, 2020 or returned no later than July 31, 2020.
Multi-year requests are not funded.
Spartanburg Regional Foundation considers only those organizations that are recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3 charitable non-profit and/or tax exempt entities.
Funded organizations must not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, religious belief or physical ability.
Spartanburg Regional Foundation offers grant assistance to projects/programs that are clearly health-related and falls within the service areas(s) of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System.
Spartanburg Regional Foundation does not generally provide funding for:
- Annual operating support including operating expenses of existing programs
- Organizations outside of the Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System service area(s)
- Grants to individuals
- Grant Proposals without a Letter of Intent (LOI) and invitation to apply
- Multi-year requests
- Recurring requests for the same purpose as a grantee’s current grant
- Fundraising events, celebrations, dinners
- Retroactive expenses/activities
- Vehicles including SUVs
- K-12 public or private school, charter school, community/junior college, state/private college or university.
Separate 501(c)3 organizations established to support a school should contact the Foundation prior to submission to determine project eligibility.
The following optional Grant Training Sessions will be available:
January 15 – Grant Training Session for Pelham Medical Center (Optional)
Pelham Medical Center – Meeting Room 1 & 2 @ 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
January 22 – Grant Training Session for Spartanburg Medical Center (Optional)
Gibbs Cancer Center Auditorium @ 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
January 23 – Grant Training Session for Union Medical Center (Optional)
Union Medical Center – Boardroom @ 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
January 24 – Grant Training Session for community applicants (Optional)
Gibbs Cancer Center Auditorium @ 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Application to the Spartanburg Regional Foundation is a two-stage process:
1. Letter-of-Intent- January 28 – February 22, 2019
2. Followed by full application-March 1 – March 22, 2019 (by invitation-only based on approval of your LOI). Submitting a full application does not guarantee funding.
LOI and full applications (by invitation only) must be submitted via the on-line grant submission system by 5:00 p.m. on the dates provided.
The review process takes approximately five months. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions on May 23 or May 24, 2019.
2019 Grant Cycle:
- January 28 – Letter of Intent submissions accepted – Portal opens
- February 22 – Letter of Intent submission deadline – Portal closes
- March 1 – Applicants notified (via e-mail/phone call) of semi-finalist status
- March 1 – March 22 – Semi-finalists invited to submit grant proposals
- March 22 – Application submission deadline – Portal closes
- March 27 – April 19 – Grants/Allocations Committee to review grant proposals and conduct site visits
- May 15 – Grants/Allocations Committee Meeting
- May 22 – Foundation Board of Trustees Meeting
- May 23 – 24 – Applicants notified (via e-mail/phone call) of funding decision
- June 5 – Announcement/Grants Award Ceremony @ Piedmont Club @ 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Applicant Registration Tutorial:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For more information about Foundation grants, contact:
Stacey Burton, Grants Administrator
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Foundation
101 East Wood St.
Spartanburg, SC 29303
USA: South Carolina: Spartanburg , Cherokee, and Union Counties