California Arts Council (CAC)
05/01/19 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $35,000 to California nonprofit arts organizations and arts-based units of government for general operating support. Grants are available for organizations that have regional or statewide reach. Funding areas may include may mentorships, career services, networking events, arts advocacy, communications, professional development opportunities, and re-granting.
The goals of the Statewide and Regional Networks program are:
- To strengthen the arts and culture ecosystem in California through general operating support for arts service organizations and networks that represent the diversity and vibrancy of California.
- To strengthen the organizational capacity of arts service organizations in delivering services.
SRN provides general operating grants for arts service organizations’ networks with regional or statewide reach. Organizational activities and services must demonstrate how they strengthen and advance the network.
GrantWatch ID#: 151192
Applicant organizations can request up to $35,000.
Grant Activity Period: 6/30/2019 - 6/29/2020
- Applicant organizations must be arts service organizations, networks, or associations with regional or statewide reach as stated in program definitions.
- Applicants must be California-based nonprofit arts organizations or arts-based units of government.
- All applicant organizations must be consistently engaged in arts programs and/or services for two years prior to the application deadline.
- All applicant organizations must have a principal place of business in California.
- All applicants must submit all required application materials and information at the time of submission.
- Applicants must demonstrate proof of nonprofit status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or section 23701d of the California Revenue and Taxation Code, or must be a unit of government, including California Native or Indigenous tribal governments.
- Fiscal Sponsors: Applicants without nonprofit status may use a California-based Fiscal Sponsor with a federal 501(c)(3) designation to conduct work on a not-for-profit project. The Fiscal Sponsor will provide the fiscal and administrative services needed to complete the grant. If a grant is awarded, the Fiscal Sponsor becomes the legal contractor. The Fiscal Sponsor must also demonstrate consistent arts services or programming in California for a minimum of two years prior to the application deadline.
- Applicants using Fiscal Sponsors must submit all required materials for the Fiscal Sponsor at the time of application.
- All activities to be funded by the California Arts Council must take place in California.
Full eligibility critera and ineligible applicant information can be seen at: http://www.cac.ca.gov/programs/program_files/1819/Guidelines_AppInst/FY19_SRN_Guidelines_Instructions.pdf#page=5
Funding restrictions can be seen at: http://www.cac.ca.gov/programs/program_files/1819/Guidelines_AppInst/FY19_SRN_Guidelines_Instructions.pdf#page=7
- Application available: March 15, 2019
- Application deadline: May 1, 2019
- Panel review: May 29 - 31, 2019
- Funding decisions and notifications: June 2019
New applicants to this program are highly encouraged to contact the Program Specialist to confirm eligibility before starting an application.
The total request for the SRN program cannot exceed 50% of an organization’s total operating revenue from the last completed fiscal year, as it appears in the DataArts Funder Report.
All grant recipients must provide a dollar-for-dollar (1:1) match for this grant. Use of in-kind contributions as a portion of the match is intended to support organizations that may not have the financial capability to provide a 1:1 cash match, but demonstrate the capacity to carry out the activities in the grant application with other sources of support.
Application resources: http://www.cac.ca.gov/programs/app.php
Grant Programs Overview video: http://www.cac.ca.gov/programs/program_files/1819/Videos/CAC_Webinar_%202018_GrantProgramsOverview.mp4
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application system: https://calartscouncil.smartsimple.com/s_Login.jsp
To book a 15 minute phone consultation with Shelly Gilbride, please see: https://calendly.com/shelly-gilbride/15min
Interim Program Specialist
California Arts Council
1300 I Street, Suite 930
Sacramento, CA 95814
Toll Free: (800) 201-6201
FAX: (916) 322-6575