Foundation / Corporation
Oklahoma City Zoo (OKC) and Botanical Garden
10/12/18 11:59 PM CST
Grants of up to $2,500 to USA, Canada, and International organizations and institutions for projects and activities that promote the protection of endangered species and their habitats. Funding will specifically be provided for species preservation activities, scientific research projects, and conservation education programs.
OKC Zoo defines each of these three areas as follows:
1. Conservation Education – Building an awareness of a conservation program that can effect change.
2. Scientific Research – In-situ or ex-situ research projects that have a direct impact on conservation of an imperiled species or habitat in its native location.
3. Species Preservation – Direct care or work with an imperiled species in-situ or ex-situ which results in an improved capability to preserve that species in its native habitat.
GrantWatch ID#: 151367
The Zoo is offering competitive small grants in amounts not to exceed $2,500 each.
Oklahoma City organizations and institutions are eligible.
Requests will not be considered for the following:
- Requests will not be considered for salaries, with the exception of locally hired support staff.
- No more than 20% of awarded funds can be used towards travel expenses (travel expenses are defined as air and ground transportation).
- Awarded funds cannot be used for direct mail solicitations, funds reimbursement, or annual campaigns.
The 2018 CAN Application form is attached below (see Supporting Documents). Upload the completed application and letter of commitment and submit on the URL for Full Text link given below.
Applications are due on or before 11:59 PM CST October 12, 2018. Late applications will not be considered. Each applicant will receive a confirmation e-mail within 48 hours of the application being received.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Oklahoma City Zoological Park and Botanical Garden
2000 Remington Place
2101 NE 50th St. (mail)
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.