Grants of up to $15,000 to Michigan nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that benefit eligible communities. Interested applicants must submit a letter of inquiry prior to applying. Funding priorities include community development, youth, health, inclusion and diversity, leadership, and international service, encompassing humanitarian outreach. Muskegon Rotary provides funding for programs and projects primarily in Muskegon County.
Muskegon Rotary Priorities:
Community development projects which enhance the Muskegon area.
Activities that benefit youth.
Activities that promote a healthier Muskegon County.
Appreciation and celebration of inclusion and diversity.
Leadership training for members and students.
International service, encompassing humanitarian outreach.
Muskegon Rotary is interested in fresh, innovative approaches to addressing community needs and making grants that create a broad impact by leveraging other funding sources and collaborating with other organizations.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Muskegon Rotary welcomes applications from nonprofit organizations that serve the greater Muskegon area.
Muskegon Rotary generally will not fund:
- Grants or loans to individuals.
- Grants that support religious activities or programs that serve, or appear to serve, specific religious groups or denominations.
- Ongoing support of a program or local school district.
- Grants for continuing operational support.
- Grants for capital projects may be considered if the project is a civic improvement that benefits a significant portion of the community and has high visibility.
The deadline for applications is the end of March each year.
First Step: Provide a concise, no more than one page “Letter of Inquiry." If your Letter of Inquiry is accepted by the grants committee you will be asked to submit a full “grant application”.
The Muskegon Rotary Community Fund Committee will meet two times a year. You will be notified if your grant has been approved.