Foundation / Corporation
LaGrange County Community Foundation
10/16/18 11:59 EDT
Grants to LaGrange County, Indiana nonprofits and agencies for creative programs that address the needs of the local community. The Foundation is particularly interested in innovative programs in the areas of education, recreation, environment, health and human services, and arts and culture.
The Foundation favors projects or programs that:
- Promote cooperation and avoid duplication
- Inspire and encourage additional funding
- Request seed money for exciting and innovative ways to meet unmet needs
- Reach a broad segment of the community
- Provide services that are normally not provided
- Help make charitable organizations more effective, efficient and self-sustaining
The Foundation supports capacity-building projects to improve a nonprofit organization’s fundraising, marketing, training, etc.
The Community Foundation awards grants for specific capital projects such as buildings that will be utilized by many in the community.
GrantWatch ID#: 152402
Nonprofit organizations and qualifying government agencies serving LaGrange County are eligible to apply.
State-supported educational institution or a government entity may apply for a grant even if it is not a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization as long as it provides a letter indicating its tax status and its federal tax ID number.
Organizations in the process of applying for 501(c)(3) nonprofit statue may apply if it is currently sponsored by a qualified 501 (c)(3) organization. This organization should have a mission consistent with the applicant, as well as the administrative capacity to accept the legal responsibility for the grant and administer it accordingly.
The Foundation Typically Does Not Fund:
- Projects solely supported by the LaGrange County Community Foundation
- Organizations with an open grant file
- Operating expenses of organizations falling more appropriately under government funding
- Organizations that have received funding in the past 12 months
The Foundation Does Not Fund:
- Religious organizations for the sole purpose of furthering that religion
- Political campaigns
- Political activities
- Fundraising projects
- Contributions to endowments
- Debt reduction
- Reimbursement for completed projects/programs
- National organizations – unless funds are to be used solely for the benefit of LaGrange County
In general, the funding source does not award funding for operations, however these requests can be reviewed on a case by case basis. Please, contact the Program Officer for more information.
Proposals will be accepted during one of three grant cycles in 2018.
April 16, 2018 (spring)
July 16, 2018 (summer)
October 16, 2108 (fall)
Award details for each grant cycle will be announced:
- May 31
- August 31
- November 30.
Grant seekers are strongly encouraged to contact the Program Officer to discuss their funding need before applying.
Grant proposals must be submitted electronically through the online program Smarter Select; the funding source no longer accepts paper applications.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online grant application:
Octavia Yoder, Program Officer
Phone: (260) 463-4363
109 E. Central Ave.
LaGrange, IN 46761
Fax: (260) 463-4856
USA: Indiana: LaGrange County