Foundation / Corporation
Morton Community Foundation (MCF)
03/08/19 5:00 PM
Grants to Morton area, Illinois nonprofit organizations and government units to support creative and/or new community projects. Funding is intended to enhance the quality of life for local residents, now and for future generations.
Eligible requests should advance one or more of the following objectives:
1) Address and help resolve important existing or emerging community issues.
2) Support new and creative projects and organizations offering the greatest opportunity for positive and significant change.
3) Promote cooperation and collaboration among organizations.
4) Identify, enhance, and develop leadership in the community through creative and innovative activities that empower individuals.
GrantWatch ID#: 152452
The funds must be used specifically for the designated purpose(s) by no later than December 31, this year. Any funds not used by this date, and for the purposes described in this letter will be re-granted in the following grant year.
Nonprofit organizations and governmental units serving Morton area residents may submit grant requests.
At this time, the Morton Community Foundation does not provide grant funding for annual campaigns, individuals, endowments, or to make grants for sectarian religious purposes. Priority will be given to grants for “tangible items” to which a plaque or identifying stickers can be applied.
Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 4:00 PM - Grant Writers' Workshop at the Morton Community Foundation. Register for the workshop below.
Register for the conference on the URL for Full Text link below, or by calling the Foundation.
- Friday, February 15, 2019 - Grant cycle begins
- Friday, March 8, 2019 - Deadline for grants to be received at the MCF office no later than 5pm.
- First week of April, 2019 - Grant Review Committee meets & agrees on recommended distributions.
- Friday, April 12, 2019 - MCF Board of Trustees reviews and approves Grant Committee recommendations.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To upload the grant request submission:
105 E. Jefferson Street
Morton IL 61550
Scott Witzig, Executive Director
For questions: https://www.mortoncommunityfoundation.org/contact-us
USA: Illinois: Morton area