Foundation / Corporation
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC) - The Kids Trust Fund
02/01/19 4:00 PM
Grants averaging $2,500 to Pennsylvania nonprofits in the Counties of Dauphin, Franklin, Cumberland, Lebanon, Lancaster, Perry, and York to support children ages 0-18 who are living with physical or emotional abuse or neglect. Programs may include therapeutic activities, intervention services, and support groups.
Programs must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Serve children aged 0-18 years old and/or their families
- Operate within the counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, York, and Lancaster.
- Enhance or expand the services already provided by your organization (if your organization is proposing a new program, you must provide a plan for sustaining the program after the grant term)
Eligible activities may include:
- Therapeutic recreational, fun activities for children of abuse.
- Early intervention services.
- Support groups for individuals or families.
- Mental, emotional, or behavioral health services.
- Be innovative and not duplicate existing programs and services
- Empower children of abuse
- Be collaborative in nature
- Have the potential to become long-term solutions to existing abuse issues involving youth
- Demonstrate measurable and achievable outcomes
GrantWatch ID#: 152734
The average grant award is $2,500.
The term of the grant is one year and is not renewable. Projects must take place between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
The Kids Trust does not make grants to individuals or for-profit organizations.
All applicants are invited to contact Jennifer Strechay to discuss an in progress or proposed project. Applicants may also request one review of their application materials by Ms. Strechay prior to submission; please note that requests made later than two weeks prior to the grant submission deadline will not be honored.
To begin your application, you must utilize the Online Application. The Online Application will instruct you to upload documents and mail or deliver specific attachments. A complete application will consist of the Online Application and receipt of the mailed or delivered attachments; incomplete applications will not be considered. All elements must be received—not postmarked—by 4 pm on the deadline date.
- October 1, 2018: Application available.
- February 1, 2019: All application materials (both online and mailed or hand delivered) must be received by, not postmarked by, 4:00 pm.
- Applicants will be notified of their grant status on or before June 1, 2019. If awarded a grant, The Kids Trust Fund asks that a representative from each agency be present at the Kid’s Trust annual Run on the Roof fundraiser held in June at Madden Physical Therapy, 5425 Jonestown Road, Harrisburg. Grant award checks will be presented at that event (date to be determined).
- Proposed projects may take place at any time during the grant year beginning July 1, 2019 and ending June 30, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail or hand-deliver application materials to:
200 N 3rd St, 8th Fl
Harrisburg, PA 17101
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities
Attn: Jennifer Strechay, Program Officer for Community Investment
PO Box 678
Harrisburg, PA 17108-0678
Jennifer Strechay, Program Officer for Community Investment
USA: Pennsylvania: Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, York, and Lancaster Counties